Hi! Came here to learn cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Kayte. Welcome to the group 🫠.
Perhaps you could tell us what you are looking to learn, and what you are already good at?
Also your food interests will help us to give you some ideas for your growth.

Welcome, Katye!
Katye might learn a few little things from you but fine French cooking and manners are obviously not going to be one of them, Sir Loin of Boeuf. :LOL:

Perhaps you could tell us what you are looking to learn, and what you are already good at?
Welcome from me too. Those are good suggestions from Jade Emperor. Please do tell us. We love helping.

i'm not totally sure what I'm interested in just yet, i currently really like baking but i wanna broaden my horizons with more recipes
Welcome. I'm glad you didn't come here to learn French because that ain't gonna happen.
im from canadaland i already know french ;)

Just realised that more accurate and proper grammar is highly regarded here, sorry about that.

kayte, not to worry on language, cooking is not loyal to any particular one. Many dishes that are the same and share many different names. Use the one with which you are most familiar.
Although I don't speak French (juste un peu) every once in a while a little phrase pops out without realizing it. Canadaland is fine with me! I'm from there too!

I feel proper usage is sometimes important only because, although this is an English speaking forum, for many of our diverse members, English is a 2nd language. I just sort of figure it is polite to them. On the other hand, jokes, gentle kidding, idioms fly around here in a definite helter/skelter pattern!

Welcome - from one "KT" to another! (Or am I pronouncing your username incorrectly)?
I was nicknamed "kt" among my friend group originally, "kayte" (kay-te) is just a different spelling form of "kt".
Some do. Some don't. I typically type like I lived in my younger days: Fast with LOTS of mistakes. Plus, I speak fluent typo. ;)
What's is a typo?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom