What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bitter cold nights this weekend. It was 26F when I got up this morning. It is warming up this week, with a high of 80F on Wednesday.

CD

-3°C (28°F), feels like -10°C (14°F)°C (28°F), which is really quite mild for February on the Island of Montreal. But, it was not wonderful for taking out the garbage. It's about 50 metres to the curb. I was going to skip taking out the garbage, because I didn't feel like trudging through the snow, but the snow clearing guys passed by and got rid of the worst of it at around 20:00 (8 PM). I wasn't even outside long enough to get cold, since I did have on the hat, gloves, winter coat, and knee high boots. It got really chilly when the wind picked up and I got all the sharp, little, snow flakes pelting my face.

Warmer than it should be in February. Climate's gone mad. We'll probably end up getting snow in March/April 👿.

It got down to 22° last night - coldest for quite a while. Getting to about average, in the mid 40s, then up a couple of days, then down, then those 60s are supposed to get here.

It got up to 80F today. Nice South wind. My giant live oak tree is doing its annual Spring leaf drop, so I'm out every day with the leaf blower. As Murphy's Law dictates, no matter which way the wind is blowing, the leaves all pile up at my back door, so every time I open that door, leaves blow into my house.

CD

:blink: Well, that's... helpful. Is there a name for the province, or city, or is that a secret? 😉
Following public forum rules, we shouldn't disclose our exact positions🤐😀, but I can tell you that I'm about an hour's drive from Naples.

Following public forum rules, we shouldn't disclose our exact positions🤐😀, but I can tell you that I'm about an hour's drive from Naples.
This forum doesn't have a rule for that. People disclose the city or town they're in all the time; how specific they are about it is a personal preference. I like maps, so I wondered whether you were in the north, south or somewhere in between, in a mountainous area or near the Mediterranean Sea, etc.

I rather agree with Meryl, general public forum rules say one really should not disclose their positions other than generalizations. I don't mind stating my city because where I live is almost a megatropolis! LOL Others feel very strongly about revealing where they are located and I have no problem with that.
I don't think I would want my grandchildren to reveal anything personal about themselves on a public forum, no matter the circumstance.
I really think that "Italy" and "south" are quite revealing enough to get a general idea of what their weather conditions might be like.

As seen from Mars...
1708623895855.png

This forum doesn't have a rule for that. People disclose the city or town they're in all the time; how specific they are about it is a personal preference. I like maps, so I wondered whether you were in the north, south or somewhere in between, in a mountainous area or near the Mediterranean Sea, etc.

We're right in the middle, between Adriatic Sea (about 100km) and the Tirreno Sea (about 70km),in a hilly area. Takes ages to get to the nearest beach because of poor road networks down here🙁. No direct motorways.

I rather agree with Meryl, general public forum rules say one really should not disclose their positions other than generalizations. I don't mind stating my city because where I live is almost a megatropolis! LOL Others feel very strongly about revealing where they are located and I have no problem with that.
I don't think I would want my grandchildren to reveal anything personal about themselves on a public forum, no matter the circumstance.
I really think that "Italy" and "south" are quite revealing enough to get a general idea of what their weather conditions might be like.

I list my location as Dallas, nobody knows my real name, and I access the internet through a VPN. I can't imagine anyone wanting to find me that badly that they will put in the effort to sort through the roughly five million people in the Dallas metro area. :ROFLMAO:

CD

I rather agree with Meryl, general public forum rules say one really should not disclose their positions other than generalizations.
Rules? Or preferences?
I don't mind stating my city because where I live is almost a megatropolis! LOL Others feel very strongly about revealing where they are located and I have no problem with that.
It's different with children, of course. I have no problem with it, either. I was just curious.
Except that weather conditions can be very different depending on the topography. Sicily by the beach is not going to be anything like the middle of the southern Apennine Mountains, just like the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia have a different climate from the flatlands near the ocean, where I am. Remember that I'm married to a guy who majored in geology, minored in Earth science, served in the Navy and was deployed to the Mediterranean twice, then taught Earth science, oceanography, meteorology and experimental design. We like precision here 🤣

Screenshot_20240223-105355_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom