What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been raining all night and all morning, temperatures dropped drastically during the night (a drop of at least 15 deg.!!).
We're now near freezing point, just a bit of sleet, hoping we don't get any snow 😒. Fingers crossed🤞.

Rascal, don't know about the cheering up part :ermm: - the jealousy part maybe! Is it a wet or dry 34? If that's a wet 34 c (=93.2F) that would be mighty uncomfortable!

Bitter cold 8f with windchill in the negative numbers today and tomorrow.

I put on a pot of navy beans to cook for baked beans and a bonus pot of bean soup.

It's gotten to 20° here, by 10 am, but not going to get much more than 24, with single digit wind chills. I can't believe people waited until today to clean up the snow, when they had a choice! It's very sunny now, which is a good thing, but it will take that heat, later in the week, to melt this 6" or so of snow out there.

It's gotten to 20° here, by 10 am, but not going to get much more than 24, with single digit wind chills. I can't believe people waited until today to clean up the snow, when they had a choice! It's very sunny now, which is a good thing, but it will take that heat, later in the week, to melt this 6" or so of snow out there.

On the rare occasions that we get 6-inches of snow, very few people clean their driveways or sidewalks. I don't believe I have ever seen a snow shovel at Home Depot, here.

The DOT sands highway overpasses and intersections with stop signs or traffic lights with any amount snow or ice on the ground. They don't have snowplows.

Six inches of snow is no problem for me, anyway -- thanks Quattro! I've driven through over a foot of snow with one of my Audis. It actually WAS a snowplow. :LOL:

A favorite YouTube video...

CD

Last edited:
Funny you should ask, we got dumped on a few days ago with quite a few inches of snow. Thankfully it has stopped since. But we are still trudging on the ground. It rained earlier today, which helped clear some of the snow a bit.

I just read that for the fourth time. The penny finally dropped. I guess you meant 1973, not 73°F.

Yeah, it took me a few reads, but I figured out it was the year, not the temperature.

I've read a lot of rascal's posts, so I'm staring to understand rascalish, or would that be rascalese? :D

On International formus, I post in F and C, such as 32F/0C. Very few Celsius people bother doing that -- we "Muricans" do everything wrong, and I guess they don't want to encourage our bad behaviors. :rolleyes:

CD

We have 1-3 inches MORE snow on top coming in the next 48 hours. Then rain for 2 days, at just over freezing temperatures. It'll be an icy mess, so we plan to get our errands done on Tuesday and stay safe at home Wed and Thursday. I hope the electricity stays on!

It is 36F right now, and not getting much colder tonight. It is getting warmer the next few days, with rain late tonight through Wednesday.

There is snow/ice tonight up near the TX/OK border (about fifty miles North of me). It isn't going to make it here.

CD

Back
Top Bottom