What's for dinner, Wednesday, October 16, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tovala meals of Mediterranean spiced chicken with squash and zucchini pasta. I divided up another zucchini to add to the pasta because I prefer a bit more vege.

20241016_182057.jpg

Mine is cooking sous vide as we speak. Another bargain steak I picked up last week. I always take a stroll through the meat department when I shop for anything.

1729131306176.jpeg

I'll add a picture of the finished steak if I have the self-discipline to take a picture.

UPDATE: Photo plated with mashed potatoes. I ate half of it. Steak tacos tomorrow?

1729138858404.jpeg

CD

Last edited:
ways take a stroll through the meat department when I shop for anything.

View attachment 71097

I'll add a picture of the finished steak if I have the self-discipline to take a picture.

CD
I gotta wonder how they came up with that discounted price. They claim that "prime ribeye stk is $10.81/lb" They wrote that your steak weighs 1.04 lb. So, your steak should cost more than the per pound price, at least by a little bit. But, your price was $10.65, which is less than the per pound price. Shouldn't their machine be able to calculate it right? Did the machine get a D in basic arithmetic?

But, that is a fine looking steak. I hope you enjoy it. Bon appétit.

I gotta wonder how they came up with that discounted price. They claim that "prime ribeye stk is $10.81/lb" They wrote that your steak weighs 1.04 lb. So, your steak should cost more than the per pound price, at least by a little bit. But, your price was $10.65, which is less than the per pound price. Shouldn't their machine be able to calculate it right? Did the machine get a D in basic arithmetic?

But, that is a fine looking steak. I hope you enjoy it. Bon appétit.
The normal per pound price is $17.97. Trust me, prime ribeye is not normally $10.81 a pound, especially boneless, though since the steak was more than a pound, not sure how they came up with the final price.

Around the holidays, prime rib goes on sale here for around $7 a pound, but that's bone in, and 5+ pounds, i.e. Prime rib roast.

Last edited:
I think I overdid the walking today. It was only 338 meters, but it exhausted me. I was hungry, but had hardly any energy. So, I had 3 pieces of salami on a piece of rugbrød (heavy, Danish style rye bread) with some mayo and a glass of milk. Then I had to sit and rest for about 10 minutes before I could make it upstairs where I could relax better.

After recuperating and checking on the posts here, I went downstairs to the kitchen. The bagel and the smoked salmon that I had pulled out of the freezer earlier were defrosted. I mixed some finely chopped onion and some capers into some cream cheese. I spread that on the toasted bagel and covered it all with smoked salmon. Not enough energy to make a salad or take pix. It was delicious and I am full.

I've been experimenting recently with cereals and grains.
This is quinoa with creamed cauliflower and zucchini sautéed with onions. Quite nice, I'll make it again with different veggies next time. 😀

Attachments

• IMG_20241017_123612.jpg
    IMG_20241017_123612.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom