Catering, wedding party in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James Boon

Assistant Cook
Has anyone planned a wedding in London on a tight budget? I’m looking to host a wedding for around 150 people for my daughter and would love recommendations for vendors or companies that offer a full wedding package at a reasonable price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

IMO this is something that the families tend to stress over while the average guest is rarely impressed by the effort and sacrifice that goes into it.

Keep the focus on the Bride and Groom’s special day.

I have no experience with London but IMO a tight budget requires a tight menu.

I would cut it back to a brief but extravagant wedding cake and champagne toast at the church hall or venue for the ceremony.

In addition to controlling costs it would make transportation and parking more manageable with one destination instead of two.

I would pull out all of the stops on the limited refreshments, service, flowers, etc… to make it feel intentional and not low budget.

I completely agree with your perspective.

It’s true that families often stress over details that might go unnoticed by guests, while the main focus should be on celebrating the bride and groom. Keeping it simple with a cake and champagne toast can create an intimate, elegant moment without stretching the budget.

I also like the idea of having everything at one location—it simplifies logistics and makes the event feel more cohesive.

By focusing on quality over quantity, with top-notch refreshments, service, and decor, you can make the celebration feel intentional and special, even on a tighter budget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom