Whatcha chowin' on tonight on free-for-all Friday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
I just started another new recipe. For me, that is. Believe it or not, I've never made a pot roast. I do like eating pot roast, so when I found a decent recipe I decided to go for it.

First of all, let me say that if I'm not here in the future, you can find me in federal prison for robbing a bank to pay for the roast. So this is obviously not going to be a regular meal in my house. This is considered a cheap food? And it was on sale, too! I almost asked the cashier if she took gold for it.

Anyway, I seared it and jammed it into the crock pot and threw in some garlic and onion and beef broth and sprinkled it with Wooster sauce (no, I'm not gonna try to spell that) with a bunch of baby red potatoes on top. I'm guessing it will take at least 8 or 9 hours to cook. I'm not worried about this being edible. At that price, I'll eat it if it looks like an old blanket and tastes like road kill.

Barber fit & flavorful chicken cordon bleu, peas, and applesauce.

Not a treat in this little apartment.

1698439740193.gif

I need to make a grocery run. 🤭

OK, the pot roast was edible but there's so much of it! And I took it out of the slow cooker after 8 hours. No need to let it rest. It broke apart as I lifted it out of the slow cooker. The only thing is, I had forgotten how much fat there was on it. Half of it seems to be fat and I'm not a big fan of fat. I'm thinking of burying it under a tree somewhere. Maybe it'll make hundred dollar blooms next spring.

Found the last of the mini-naan's. Opened up two packages of the imitation crab and lobster meats. I actually wanted to taste test them side by side. Usually when I have them it is days, if not weeks apart. I honestly could not tell the difference. So last night I opened both. The lobster does taste like lobster and the crab does taste (albeit faintly) of crab. Now I know. and I prefer the lobster.

Made a sandwich with tons of mayo. Very yummy good and delicious.

Maybe I'll make some more sushi rolls with the now open packages. Or try my hand at ... whatever the triangular balls of rice are called, wrapped in a bit of nori ....

OK, the pot roast was edible but there's so much of it! And I took it out of the slow cooker after 8 hours. No need to let it rest. It broke apart as I lifted it out of the slow cooker. The only thing is, I had forgotten how much fat there was on it. Half of it seems to be fat and I'm not a big fan of fat. I'm thinking of burying it under a tree somewhere. Maybe it'll make hundred dollar blooms next spring.
Use leftovers for: beef soup, meat sauce for pasta, depending on seasoning (add spices) you can use for tacos.

The fat in the liquid will float to the top and harden after being in the refrigerator so you can pick it out with your fingers. Cut off the fat on the meat.

Refrigerate the pot overnight. The fat will solidify on top and you can easily take it off. What remains will still be delicious and worth eating.

I just started another new recipe. For me, that is. Believe it or not, I've never made a pot roast. I do like eating pot roast, so when I found a decent recipe I decided to go for it.

First of all, let me say that if I'm not here in the future, you can find me in federal prison for robbing a bank to pay for the roast. So this is obviously not going to be a regular meal in my house. This is considered a cheap food? And it was on sale, too! I almost asked the cashier if she took gold for it.

Anyway, I seared it and jammed it into the crock pot and threw in some garlic and onion and beef broth and sprinkled it with Wooster sauce (no, I'm not gonna try to spell that) with a bunch of baby red potatoes on top. I'm guessing it will take at least 8 or 9 hours to cook. I'm not worried about this being edible. At that price, I'll eat it if it looks like an old blanket and tastes like road kill.
Good to see that you know how to pronounce "Wooster" sauce! (y) Hope you enjoyed the hotpot too.

The fat in the pot roast that I was referring to was in the meat! I'd take a bite and have a full mouthful of fat. Yuck. I froze most of it. I discovered I don't like pot roast that much after all. Probably will never make it again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom