Turnip soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin86

Senior Cook
Happy new year everybody

My mrs is a fan of turnip and she’s been mentioning it lately so I’m thinking my next weekly soup should be turnip.

So usually I do a beef soup bone then the root veg go savoury but do you guys have a no fail go to? Also if I go chicken or veg broth what do you think about turnip/dill soup? That’s where my head is at but don’t play with dill much except on fish

Thanks

I have never made turnip soup, nor even tasted it. I have a dynamite recipe for a roasted root vegi soup with roasted, hot peppers, if you are interested.

Thanks but I ended up roasting it with a sweet potato, carrot, celery, onion, dill, cayenne, rosemary and garlic. Once roasted I added 3/4 box of vegi broth and popped it back in the oven.

Then I put it through food processor and cut it with the last 1/4 box of broth.

She said it was good but she’ll add sour cream to her bowl sometimes to top it off

Foe the future. New England Boiled Dinner. substituting turni[ for the rutabaga.

1 head cabbage, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 head celeriac (celery rot), outer leaves peeled, then diced
1 corned beef brisket, rinced.
2 carrots, peeled, and cut into 2 inch chu ks
6 baby red potatoes, washed
3 tuenops, wahed, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch dice.
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and rustic chop
2 cloves garlic, minced
S & P to taste

Dry the corned beef with paper towels. Heat a heavy dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp ghee, or vegetable oil. Sear both sides of the brisket u til medium brown. Add remaining ingredients, with enough water top cover. Bring to a sim er. Cover and si er for two hours.

serve hot with good, crusty bread, rolls, or biscuits, and soft butter.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I was just looking back through this post and can’t understand why I said no to a new soup idea. My head was obviously not on straight. Your idea sounds yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom