Tuesday dinner, May 7, 2024, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tovala meal. Chicken and red bell pasta with some leftover Papa John's cheese bread.
20240507_181103.jpg

I wasn't really in the mood for cooking, but I had defrosted some ground pork the other day and I didn't want it to go off or get lost in my fridge. So, I chopped up an onion and fried the half a kilo (a bit more than a pound) of ground pork with the chopped onion. A good 3/4 of that is in the process of being frozen now. I continued cooking the scant 1/4 of the meat with some leftover, cooked, brown basmati rice. Then I added a bunch of sesame seeds and tamari. I put some LGM chili crisp on it. Yeah, that was food and I enjoyed it. No pictures.

Mr bliss was just not sure about today's meal. It was the mixed grains, chickpeas, corn, asparagus from the garden, warmed in the microwave, topped with basil/parsley/walnut/garlic pesto and diced fresh tomatoes. He liked it! Yay. It was good. I have enough made for 2 more servings in case any of you show up, or as planned overs for us.

Seeing as I am at least 6 hours ahead of most of you, I'll post my lunch for today here , Wednesday 8th May.

Pearl barley salad (or pearled barley? 🤔). We call it "orzo perlato" 😀.
I simply added tomatoes, cucumbers, cannellini beans and lettuce, onions, with EVOO of course 😉.

Attachments

• IMG_20240508_121908.jpg
    IMG_20240508_121908.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 6
Looks really good, @Meryl! I love barley in anything. And I usually see it called "pearled", but sometimes pearl barley.
Thank you @pepperhead212 , it was very good. It would have been tastier with a little salt but I must be disciplined, and stick to my new rule of not adding salt to my dishes. (as per medical advice)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom