Thursday dinner Oct 17, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
I decided to try the Alfredo stuffed shells again, only this time I stuffed them with chicken, Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Parmesan. I made two chicken breasts and that was way more chicken than I needed, so after stuffing the shells, I just spread the chicken mix over the top and topped that with the rest of the Alfredo, more Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and then some chives. I didn't use any salt, but I did throw in some basil, thyme, chives, lots of garlic, and something else I can't remember now. It should be done in about 15 minutes.

You know, I still have a one-pound bag of shrimp in the freezer and I was wondering how shrimp Alfredo stuffed shells would taste. What do you guys think? Maybe next month - I'm saving the shrimp for sesame shrimp this month.

Meal sized salads, lettuce from the garden (3 kinds), broccoli trees and stems fine diced, garden tomatoes, sweet pickles, cooked sprouted wheat, red beans, and 2 apples, one was a Rouge Red, beautiful red inside and out. Tomato dressing.
Brownies or Banana PB toast.
The apple was in one of the bags of a variety of apples in reduced produce. I'm so glad we could try that kind. I thought it was a little on the tart side but mr bliss thought it was sweet, so we both liked it. When I read up on it, those kinds of apples make a red apple cider, they make a red apple sauce, and when dehydrated the whole slice is still red.

I decided to try the Alfredo stuffed shells again, only this time I stuffed them with chicken, Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Parmesan. I made two chicken breasts and that was way more chicken than I needed, so after stuffing the shells, I just spread the chicken mix over the top and topped that with the rest of the Alfredo, more Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and then some chives. I didn't use any salt, but I did throw in some basil, thyme, chives, lots of garlic, and something else I can't remember now. It should be done in about 15 minutes.

You know, I still have a one-pound bag of shrimp in the freezer and I was wondering how shrimp Alfredo stuffed shells would taste. What do you guys think? Maybe next month - I'm saving the shrimp for sesame shrimp this month.
Italians would never use shrimp with Alfredo, but you do what you do. I'd rather shrimp scampi or something else that wouldn't cover up the shrimp flavor like Alredo would.

Guanciale pasta. It's carbonara without the eggs.
20241017_180056.jpg

Today my body demanded meat. Every time I thought about something to eat like fish or eggs, I could hear "meat, need meat" in my head. So, I had meat. I pulled stuff out of the freezer: already cooked ground pork, corn kernels, cubed carrot pieces, and a garlic-onion-ginger "pesto" for the stir fry. Then there was a half a sweet banana pepper cut up and I seasoned the stir fry with fermented black bean sauce and tamari. I finally got a chance to try out the package of already cooked brown basmati rice. I served the stir fry on top of that rice. It was good. Condiments were San-J Szechuan style sauce, tamari, and LGM Chili Crisp. I quite enjoyed that meal.

2024-10-17 ground pork stir fry over brown basmati rice with LGM chili crisp.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom