Sunday Oct. 6, '24 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had honey mustard drumsticks I cooked in the crock pot and then put under the broiler to get them a little crispy. The recipe called for Dijon mustard and some whole grain mustard, but instead I ended up using some spicy brown mustard and a few tablespoons of yellow mustard. It sure smelled good cooking and it tasted good too. I think I found another recipe to keep.

This was after coming out of the oven. I have no idea why they look red, but they still tasted great and I have a couple drumsticks left over for lunch tomorrow now, too.
100_0095.JPG

Homemade mini cheese pizza with fresh basil.

The game started late tonight due to lightning. It's getting hard to watch NFL games anymore. I don't have the patience anymore to sit through two hours of commercials for one hour of football.

CD
Why aren't you recording the show? Then you could skip over the commercials?

I had the last of the broccoli and cheese soup, still delicious. Then, I had the last of the already cooked brown basmati rice fried up with some corn kernels from the freezer, some mushrooms, and sesame seeds. That was delicious too. I got some gochujang that I got with a recent grocery delivery. I'm not sure I like it. There is a bitter flavour that comes through, even though it's sweeter than I like. I didn't even notice what the heat level was. I'm glad I only tried it out on a small portion of my meal. I had chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Why aren't you recording the show? Then you could skip over the commercials?

I don't have cable or satellite, so I also don't have a DVR. I used to do that, but decided several years ago that $120 a month was a stupid price to pay for cable/satellite TV, considering how little I watch TV.

CD

Is that like chili con carne, where the carne (meat) is turkey? Or is it something else?
Yes, turkey instead of say, beef
I had to make a menu for a football team once when I was working in functions, and their dietitian demanded a variety of different meat dishes so I adapted the recipe from beef to turkey. Works really well!

Back
Top Bottom