Help with Chicken Noodle Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a fairly easy chicken soup that won't want any pasta, because it has dumplings. We really enjoyed this, but we liked it better without the roux. The dumplings are easy and fun and taste pretty good. We really liked the dumplings when I made them with a spreadable goat cheese that had basil and chives.

Jennifer, there are different potato varieties that will hold their shape a little longer than others. Also some that have less starch. I always think of this when making various things with potato as a ingredient. Do I know which potato is which? nope, I just think about it. Half the time I've forgotten what kind of potato I have anyhow (although I think I usually pick up Russets).

I also used to have a chart that said how much pasta to use for however many servings - of course, I can't find it now. One way of estimating servings of small pasta is to remember they almost double in size. So a half cup of medium small shells will make almost 1 cup, or maybe 3/4's of a cup. Different shapes will be different of course, and how long you cook them for. Mushier is bigger.

Back
Top Bottom