Saturday's Dinner 11/11 What's Sup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm making an ATK recipe for Cast Iron Steak Tips with Mushroom-Onion Gravy.

I'm going to need some buttered egg noodles to pour the gravy over.

We had tempura calamari rings and tentacles, a regular garden salad, and calamari bodies stuffed with shrimp, more squid, spinach, herbs, etc, and braised in a spicy tomato sauce alla Anne Burrell. I didn't stop to take pics.

I'm making an ATK recipe for Cast Iron Steak Tips with Mushroom-Onion Gravy.

I'm going to need some buttered egg noodles to pour the gravy over.

This was a recipe I had copied some time ago and filed. I picked up some sirloin tips at the market today and went looking for a recipe. This one appealed to me.

SO and I liked it a lot. One bite and she said, "This is definitely a keeper!".

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4de4.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_4de4.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 168
I made oven braised Bbq spare ribs, baked potato and saucy baked beans served on top of cornbread. I decided not to eat the tater. I will grate it up for hash browns for breakfast.

This was a recipe I had copied some time ago and filed. I picked up some sirloin tips at the market today and went looking for a recipe. This one appealed to me.

SO and I liked it a lot. One bite and she said, "This is definitely a keeper!".

Looks impressive Andy...how bout a link to the recipe?:chef:;)

GF is making fresh pasta with her machine..When we`re done arguing over who knows the best way or recipe to do it, I`ll let you know what we come up with..:LOL:
Whatever way you want to do it, you are wrong, and she is right. Trust me, as I've been married for a long time.

We had some long time friends over for dinner. I made salmon with fresh pasta (with the same machine your GF has), rosemary and olive oil dutch oven bread, and a green salad. Our friends want to buy the same pasta machine, as they loved the fresh pasta.

I'll be using the rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday to make King Ranch Chicken casserole. https://whatscookingamerica.net/Poultry/King-Ranch-ChickenCasserole.htm

I made some changes to this recipe by only using 8 corn tortillas that I toasted on my gas stove open flame to enhance their flavor (highly recommended) but it can also be done in a dry iron skillet, then cut into wedges. I also eliminated the one can of cheese soup by adding more grated cheese.
Delicious...

Last edited:
Wow...looks great Andy and Roch....wonderful sounding dinners all around this evening.

Whew...busy day with family...we've been nibbling off and on all day. Just got home from a spaghetti and chicken wing dinner at my brother's, and feel like I should run a couple of laps around the block. Feel like it, but won't. :ermm::LOL:

Hi gang, dinner Nov 11th, 2017

I decided to have salmon and broiled asparagus. I intended to prepare a Caesar salad, had all the ingredients, but my appetite usurped.

I marinated 8 oz. of salmon in Yoshida's sauce and broiled it. The idea is to broil it skin side up first, while you are reducing your marinade, then flip it and pour the reduced (sterilized) marinade on top and cook to conclusion. You slide your spatula between skin and filet and move the filet to serving dish.

I served with broiled asparagus. The nerve, my market just this week included a boil bag of Hollandaise sauce? Jeez, Julia Child must have been rolling in her grave. Hollandaise in a boil bag? Well it didn't taste that bad although it would not be a buying plus for me. If I want to have Hollandaise I'll make it according to Julia's recipe, not some stupid boil bag.

Dinner was good: broiled Asian/Yoshida salmon, broiled asparagus (I'll toss the bag next time), and a nice Chardonnay (Vendage - an economy brand but a nice price at about $7/1.5L).

All in all it was a good dinner.

Attachments

• salmon+asparagus.jpg
    salmon+asparagus.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 122
We went out for a Korean place that specializes in tofu, bulgogi, and noodles tonight.

We shared a japchae noodle dish, the DW had seafood bibimbap, and the boy and I had beef bulgogi with rice.

I am still in Arizona. I went to The Montauk in Old Town Scottsdale with an old friend. I had the prime rib sandwich. Shaved prime rib, horseradish, and au jus for dipping. It was very good. Sorry, I didn't take a picture. I was too busy eating and talking.

CD

Casey, it's nice that you get a chance to visit with old friends while you're out on the road. Must make the traveling more enjoyable.

Nice looking dinners tonight. Good seeing photos of your meals, Andy.

Whatever way you want to do it, you are wrong, and she is right...
Roch, if she thinks that her way is better, let her make them that way. One less job for you. ;)

Laundry day for me, college football for Himself (I watched Ohio State too!), so I ran laundry through the washers and driers and made supper. We had salad for two, sauteed chicken and mushrooms, asparagus, dinner rolls (courtesy of our leftovers from Texas Roadhouse), and white wine.

Attachments

• 20171111_192545.jpg
    20171111_192545.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20171111_202226.jpg
    20171111_202226.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 155
Casey, it's nice that you get a chance to visit with old friends while you're out on the road. Must make the traveling more enjoyable.

I don't get to visit old friends a whole lot, but I've made some good friends along the way in my travels. Car guys are like that. I've met car guys with multi-million dollar cars who take me out for meals when I shoot their cars, just because I speak their "language." Car language. I have one car guy who picks me up at the airport, pays for all my meals, and let's me stay in one of his homes, which are spectacular, when I shoot his cars. And, I get paid for it. We sit and talk at the end of the day for hours about cars.

That is the thing about uber-wealthy car collectors. Yes, some are egotistical jerks, but others are just like me when we talk cars.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom