Saturday night, May 18, 2024. What are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had a copycat recipe of a small local chain's wings with caramelized onions and rosemary focaccia.

20240518_184406.jpg

Collards with vinegar and nu-salt, and natto with yellow mustard. Just made ww bread with onion-garlic-herb-almond spread. I might have a cold or virus so I'm eating mandarin oranges morning, noon, and night.

I made a Danish version of hamburger steak. It's basically just hamburger steak smothered under soft, fried onions. I figured I could fry up some 'shrooms at the same time as well as some home fries. I made a salad of sweet crisp lettuce, mustard greens, corn kernels, peas, and shaved red onion. I served it with the last of the blue cheese dressing. I'm stuffed. I really enjoyed that. I had a glass of red wine with that, so I'll have to have my glass of milk later. Oops, I forgot the photo. Here it is.

Hamburger steak with soft onions, mushrooms, home fries, and a salad with blue cheese dressing.jpg

I went to the Asian market today when I went to visit a friend that lives nearby. I was low on a couple of things, and I always have to get some chicken hearts and gizzards. I made that 1,2,3,4,5 dish with a third of each - a little over 1½ lbs total. And I made that Szechwan eggplant dish I am always making, this time w/o meat. Served with the millet/jasmine rice mix I like to make, to reduce the white rice, but the jasmine is still the main flavor. And now, even after all those intense aromas being cooked earlier, the jasmine rice is the main thing I smell!
Szechwan eggplant, w/o the pork this time. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

1,2,3,4,5 chicken hearts and gizzards, with some 5 spice powder added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Szechwan eggplant, 1,2,3,4,5 hearts and gizzards, with some of that rice and millet I cook together. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom