Pineapple chunks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
This isn't really anything new, but I thought I'd share.

I love pineapple on pizza, but when I buy a pizza from a pizza place, it costs extra to add pineapple and if I get a frozen all-meat or supreme pizza from the store, it won't have pineapple on it. I was getting cans of pineapple chunks so I could put those on the pizza, but the average can is too large and I'd have a ton of frozen pineapple and juice left over that sat in the freezer forever before I used it again.

So I found - ta da! - little pineapple cups. They're in the canned fruit section and are the size of pudding cups. They don't need to be fridged or frozen so they can go live in the pantry, plus one cup will neatly cover one medium take-out or frozen pizza. And they have minimal juice.

Just in case you guys wanted pineapple on your pizzas, too, this will at least save the cost of one extra item if you do take-out.

Well, me too casey... but I trudged thru to the end.

Good on you RR! I often miss my sweet to end my meal and I now get the single serve peach or pear cups. Not a bad price considering the convenience. I've never seen pineapple. Will have to start checking around for them as there are time when they would be handy.... just not on pizza. sorry RR :flowers:

Well, me too casey... but I trudged thru to the end.

Good on you RR! I often miss my sweet to end my meal and I now get the single serve peach or pear cups. Not a bad price considering the convenience. I've never seen pineapple. Will have to start checking around for them as there are time when they would be handy.... just not on pizza. sorry RR :flowers:
Same here. Though I have heard of dessert pizza and pineapple would probably be fine on that.

One could also use the little pineapple cups if making a pizza and one of the people eating it wants pineapple, but the other(s) don't. Just put it on their portion of the pizza.

If God wanted pineapple on pizza, he would have put Italy in the south Pacific!

That being said, those little cups have just the right amount of pineapple for pineapple pancakes or waffles, especially good with coconut syrup!

We find fresh pineapples in supermarkets/fruit & veg stores during the Winter season and traditionally we eat it at Christmas time. Not on pizza, of course🙄😆.

I buy those pineapple and mandarin snack cups.

They are nice as a snack, an addition to a cabbage salad, the base of a simple fruit salad with a banana and an apple or a few grapes but I would never think of fruit as a pizza topping.

It may be delicious but it ain’t pizza!
1728507848021.jpeg

and don’t even mention pizza and pumpkin spice in the same breath.
😉🤭😂

If I remember, I always put pineapple on our veggie pizza, we love it. The first time I had it, I was in canada, and my aunt made a shrimp and pineapple pizza. It was delicious.
Those little cups of pineapple are a great idea. I can usually find something to use pineapple in for the rest of the jar Oatmeal/smoothie/salad/for a snack.

If I remember, I always put pineapple on our veggie pizza, we love it. The first time I had it, I was in canada, and my aunt made a shrimp and pineapple pizza. It was delicious.
Those little cups of pineapple are a great idea. I can usually find something to use pineapple in for the rest of the jar Oatmeal/smoothie/salad/for a snack.

Pineapple-Ham pizza, AKA: Hawaiian Pizza, was actually invented in Canada.

CD

Never mind disliking ham and pineapple pizza. The closest I get to putting ham on a pizza is putting capicola.

My favorite is a simple American version of Italian Margherita pizza. Crust, sauce, mozzarella and some fresh basil. I use low moisture mozzarella at home, because I don't have 900F oven. But those flavors by themselves are perfect. I do sometimes add pepperoni, or better yet, sopressata.

For me, the more basic, the better.

CD

Do you guys just not LIKE pineapple on pizza or you just don't want to SEE it on pizza? And haven't any of you ever eaten pineapple slices on ham for Easter? Same difference! If you don't like pineapple on pizza, that's understandable, but if someone says they don't like it before they've even tasted it, I better never get any gruff here about not tasting certain foods before I say I don't like them. LOLOLOL

I have to admit, I never did eat pineapple until I had it on pizza and now I like it in certain recipes. Actually, I'm pretty bad myself. I don't like olives or mushrooms either, but for some reason I love them on pizza. Go figure.

Do you guys just not LIKE pineapple on pizza or you just don't want to SEE it on pizza? And haven't any of you ever eaten pineapple slices on ham for Easter? Same difference! If you don't like pineapple on pizza, that's understandable, but if someone says they don't like it before they've even tasted it, I better never get any gruff here about not tasting certain foods before I say I don't like them. LOLOLOL

I have to admit, I never did eat pineapple until I had it on pizza and now I like it in certain recipes. Actually, I'm pretty bad myself. I don't like olives or mushrooms either, but for some reason I love them on pizza. Go figure.
My late DH didn't like olives or mushrooms either. But, when he made spaghetti sauce, he always included chopped up olives, after I taught him to think of them as an ingredient. I know he didn't want to see mushrooms in anything, but I'm pretty sure that a small amount of very well chopped up mushrooms was okay with him. Some foods are just better as ingredients than on their own. Which foods those are can vary by person. I really don't like yellow mustard, but it can be good as an ingredient, in small quantities.

I have to admit, I never did eat pineapple until I had it on pizza and now I like it in certain recipes.

Very good question.

I love pizza. I love pineapple. I just despise them together.

I can do without pineapple on ham, too. It just makes me wonder, "Why?"

I love pineapple on vanilla ice cream. I would hate tomato sauce on vanilla ice cream... just the thought of that makes me gag.

I have tasted "Hawaiian Pizza" and my first impression was, this might actually be awesome... if I were really stoned.

As a Texan, if I smoked a brisket or made a good pot of Texas chili, and someone said, "Hey, let's put pineapple on it," I'd have to fight back the urge to shoot them.

Some foods belong together, others don't.

I do realize people have different tastes. People line up around the building at the Chick-fil-A near me, and to me, it is the worst, most bland, greasiest fast food chicken available, and for a stupid price.

There are a lot of good recipes that include pineapple, I just don't think pizza is one of them.

CD

My late DH didn't like olives or mushrooms either. But, when he made spaghetti sauce, he always included chopped up olives, after I taught him to think of them as an ingredient. I know he didn't want to see mushrooms in anything, but I'm pretty sure that a small amount of very well chopped up mushrooms was okay with him. Some foods are just better as ingredients than on their own. Which foods those are can vary by person. I really don't like yellow mustard, but it can be good as an ingredient, in small quantities.

If someone doesn't like olives on their pizza, it is easy to pull them off and put them aside. Same with mushrooms. The thing with pineapple, and I know this from experience, is that you can pull the chunks of pineapple off, and the pineapple juice is still there.

CD

Last edited:
I will only eat Round Table pizza because all the others, like Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's all taste like cardboard. Round Table puts so much stuff on their supreme that you can't even see the pizza. The pineapple just blends into the background, even though I can still taste it.

Now there's a thing about cheese and tomatoes. They just complement each other. But when I say I eat tortillas with melted cheese, some onions, and cherry tomatoes, people go ick. I think it tastes great.

Speaking of juice, when a recipe calls for onion in it, instead of chopping an onion, I now grate mine over whatever it's supposed to go into because that way you get the "juice" as well as the onion.

Back
Top Bottom