Pineapple chunks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
This isn't really anything new, but I thought I'd share.

I love pineapple on pizza, but when I buy a pizza from a pizza place, it costs extra to add pineapple and if I get a frozen all-meat or supreme pizza from the store, it won't have pineapple on it. I was getting cans of pineapple chunks so I could put those on the pizza, but the average can is too large and I'd have a ton of frozen pineapple and juice left over that sat in the freezer forever before I used it again.

So I found - ta da! - little pineapple cups. They're in the canned fruit section and are the size of pudding cups. They don't need to be fridged or frozen so they can go live in the pantry, plus one cup will neatly cover one medium take-out or frozen pizza. And they have minimal juice.

Just in case you guys wanted pineapple on your pizzas, too, this will at least save the cost of one extra item if you do take-out.

Well, me too casey... but I trudged thru to the end.

Good on you RR! I often miss my sweet to end my meal and I now get the single serve peach or pear cups. Not a bad price considering the convenience. I've never seen pineapple. Will have to start checking around for them as there are time when they would be handy.... just not on pizza. sorry RR :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom