Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a spam troll. I got that from 2 different names (other name was Bridgett P. Cortez) same pizza thingie. PF has taken care of them.

You will get emails if you have notifications enabled in your profile options.

Last edited:
no, of course I din't open it.

I have actually deleted legitimate e-mails due to sender using different addresses that I don't recognize.

Like JustCooking, I got something odd in my email.

I got some stuff from DC in email that at first glance seemed to be sent by Discuss Cooking. This is what was in the email. The email was sent to an email address that I only use for Discuss Cooking. So, I too wonder if DC got hacked.
This is a message from Bridgett P. Cortez at Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums ( http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/ ). The Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Bridgett P. Cortez, you can use this online form:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=63369

OR, by email:
mailto:manboh91@gmail.com

This is the message:

Get a Pizza Gift Card
http://bit.ly/30VVdEK

Those few of you who have emails set as get email from members in your User CP, I just emailed you from it. It did not give me your email address. Please see http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/comment-spammers-103872.html I have taken care of the two that have hit us so far.

I was wondering if it was actually sent by Discuss Cooking because it looked like "Discuss Cooking" was just a part of the return address that could have been a spoof.

emay @ Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - admfox4899@gmail.com

I just got the email from you PF. It was from:

PrincessFiona60 @ Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - ejyo567860@gmail.com

So, I guess DC has a bunch of gmail email addresses that it uses for this. The fact that the "From" address was a gmail address was why I was skeptical. They are usually from support@discusscooking.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if it was actually sent by Discuss Cooking because it looked like "Discuss Cooking" was just a part of the return address that could have been a spoof.

So, I guess DC has a bunch of gmail email addresses that it uses for this. The fact that the "From" address was a gmail address was why I was skeptical. They are usually from support@discusscooking.com
Same with me except, for some reason, PF's email was in the junk file.. She must has a reputation.. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope, that is my email...I just added some digits so it's not available to a bot.

Same with me except, for some reason, PF's email was in the junk file.. She must has a reputation.. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ross

I has good junk.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Today, after dialysis, I requested Dail-A-Ride service. I'm still in a wheelchair the until my left foot is completely healed in about 4 more weeks. The chair is strapped to the floor, much like aircraft tied town to the padeyes on a hangar bar on an aircraft carrier. My chair was tied down in the back of the vehicle. We entered the round-about, a vehicle sped into the traffic, right in out path. The bus driver had to slam on the breaks. It was sudden and very fast. I was thrown out of my wheelchair and did a face-plant on the floor. I am basically ok, but did get a bloody nose, a minor cut on the bridge f my nswe, and a little bit of a fat upper lip. My Petty vent is that people take unseeded , and dangerous risks while driving, and put other people's well being in question. Courtesy on the road is even more important than common courtesy between people. That's my vent.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

even the shuttle buses at airports have seatbelts that restrain passengers in their locked down chair.... might want to suggest that to the transit company.

Sorry to read that happened Chief. I get really annoyed with inconsiderate drivers who don't consider the safety of other people on the road.

Thanks everyone. I'm fine as far as getting banged up goes. I'll be batching it for this month as DW arrived in El Cajon, CA. today. My MIL is a very sweet lady who I love. However, her body is giving up and she won't last much longer. i couldn't go due to medical issues of my own. I just hope DW will hold up during this very difficult time. My challenge is to find a replacement vehicle as she crunched the one we had last Dec. I thought I found the right truck, a Toyota Tacoma with an off-road package. However, the thing is factory built beast. It is too high off of the ground for this old body to easily climb into, and is terrible in the snow. The suspension is very stiff. Even little bumps rattle the bones. This truck is made for off-roading, and climbing hills, not commuting from here to there. DW thinks it's wonderful. With our age, and her reflexes as they are, it's an accident waiting ot happen. I'd have loved it 20 years ago.

I think I'm going to start a thread where we can all jsut be us, and get to know each other.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom