Mother's Day 2024 5/12/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mseaglecook

Senior Cook
What are you making the Mothers in your family? Mom, Gram Gram and don't forget the wife...

And all of you Mothers out there what do you want the kids to cook for you?

My mom is 250 miles away, so I won't be cooking for her. I will call her and chat for a while. Fifteen minutes later, she won't remember that I called. If I travelled down there to cook (she loves my cooking), the next day she won't remember what I cooked, although if my sister reminds her, she would probably remember that I was there.

Besides, I will be right on the edge of when I'm allowed to travel by air since my eye surgery.

Her birthday and mine are in June, and I'll go down in early June and cook something for the three of us. Honestly, my sister will have to tell her 20+ times that tomorrow is Mother's Day, and another 20 times that today is Mother's Day. Don't be sad, she is happy and lives a VERY comfortable life. She just has serious short-term memory problems.

CD

My mom is 250 miles away, so I won't be cooking for her. I will call her and chat for a while. Fifteen minutes later, she won't remember that I called. If I travelled down there to cook (she loves my cooking), the next day she won't remember what I cooked, although if my sister reminds her, she would probably remember that I was there.

Besides, I will be right on the edge of when I'm allowed to travel by air since my eye surgery.

Her birthday and mine are in June, and I'll go down in early June and cook something for the three of us. Honestly, my sister will have to tell her 20+ times that tomorrow is Mother's Day, and another 20 times that today is Mother's Day. Don't be sad, she is happy and lives a VERY comfortable life. She just has serious short-term memory problems.

CD

Hypothetically, if I were going to be there, It would probably be USDA Prime Filet Mignon (from HEB), small baked potatoes, and steamed asparagus. She doesn't eat a lot, so that would be two meals for her.

CD

At this point in my life, Mother’s Day has become a quiet day filled with memories.

1714604587297.jpeg

“Life doesn't come with a manual, it comes with a Mother”

Family stuff happened at Easter so I couldn't cook. I am probably going to cook my Easter menu for Mother's Day.

Deviled Eggs
Potato Salad
Potatoes Romanoff (for the people who don't like potato salad)
Green Bean Casserole
Asparagus Casserole
Carrot Souffle
Homemade yeast rolls

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom