Monday July 8th 2024 ~ National Blueberry Day ~ What's Cookin' Good Lookin' ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH had a doctor's appointment a few towns over from us, so we decided on Linner (late lunch/early dinner) out at one of our favorite Italian joints.
The owners live here in our community and they are just the cutest couple, ever!

DH's choice

IMG_4295.JPG

A full Caesar Salad with Anchovies. It looks like they put an entire tin of little fish-ies!!

IMG_4297.JPG

For Moi, I had never had one of their Paninis, so that was a must try.
Grilled Chicken breast, roast Red Bell Pepper, Fontina Cheese, Arugula and an Artichoke Pesto.
Extremely yummy, paired with a glass of Wine - it had already been a tough day - CHEERS Y'ALL!!

What's cookin' in your kitchen, or not, maybe you went out to eat as well ...

Mustard greens and veggie rice. watermelon (have I mentioned how much I like it?)
Black bean brownies.(our friend that bee keeps with us had brownies on saturday and he loves them too, he asked for the recipe)

I grazed on peppered turkey sandwiches, leftovers and fresh fruits today. No actual meals, just little bits of food spread throughout the day, which is generally how I like to eat.

CD

I had some of the leftover triple pig in cream from Saturday. This time I had it over boiled potatoes. it really does work better over something that is good at catching the sauce. I also had a leafy salad with some of my batch vinaigrette. The salad had mizuna, radish microgreens, kohlrabi, radish, celery, red onion, corn kernels, and something new for me, Tokyo Bekana Cabbage. That cabbage is interesting and yummy.

Triple pig in cream leftovers on boiled potatoes, with a leafy salad sm.jpg

Lighter(?) Orange Chicken Bowl
1720530960712.png

(so sorry it's fuzzy! was hungry and in a hurry, not sure what makes it Lighter? LOL)

Tried this recipe from my CMT collection (decided it was time to try some ((over 1200)) and weed some out as garbage (to me) or a 5 star keeper!
This ones a keeper at 4 stars, easy (as long as you mis en place) very quick to come together. Started the rice in the cooker while I 'mis en place' all. Did all the steps as written. Unfortunately my broccoli was gone and had to replace with spinach - which was frozen and loose chopped. Doesn't make for a particularly great picture as much as it would have with the broccoli but the taste was still very good. Of course the texture would be different too, maybe I would have given it a 5 star had I done so. I also threw in some red and orange sweet peppers left over from breakfast. A keeper albeit maybe not on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom