Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go for it! I've found tons of things that have their original price stickers on them. Clothing is the best!!
That will work. Lots of things to find...many with tons of their original tags and stickers on them. Oops, am I repeating myself? Still true! Love it. Where you can get a Donna Karan blouse for $3.99, tags included?

Last edited:
IMG_3215.JPG

I don't remember if I shared that I was gifted 23 pounds of Apples from a neighbor down the road a piece, but I tried peeling my first batch by hand and my left thumb said NOPE!!!

IMG_3233.JPG

This arrived today. I tried one of the Apples and I glad that there's at last pictures on the side of the box. Not sure what language this is, but ...

I don't remember if I shared that I was gifted 23 pounds of Apples from a neighbor down the road a piece, but I tried peeling my first batch by hand and my left thumb said NOPE!!!

This arrived today. I tried one of the Apples and I glad that there's at last pictures on the side of the box. Not sure what language this is, but ...
Isn't it wonderful! I've had one for, well, let's just say a lot of years! LOL. It is an Amish invention. Mine is a tad different, but same principle. There's a similar gadget for potatoes ...or you can remove the "corer" part and use the same gadget...so, I'm told. I've never tried.

If you make an apple pie, don't tell folks how quick it was to do! Let them think you slaved, just for them! ;)

Uh! Potatoes, I'll give that a try.
I still haven't been able to eek out a day where I can make and put up the Apple Sauce that I want to, but I did make a pan of @Andy M. 's sister's Apple Squares, YUM!!!
I have no clue as to what kind of Apples these are, but they are tasty.
Just so happens I made a pan this afternoon. Tonight's Dessert!

Oh, I call it apple walnut cake now.

LOL! A couple of years ago I would have! Stop in on the way from delivering cars for the Snow Birds. Alas I don't do that anymore.

I was watching a short video of Jacques Pepin Cooking At Home when I noticed he was using an unusual knife. A paring knife with a santoku-like blade. Ideal for keeping you knuckles off the cutting board. So I looked into it and discovered it's called a KIJI. So I ordered one from OXO and it just arrived. The attached photo shows the KIJI with a ruler for size and a 4" paring knife for comparison. I apologize for the photo quality. Both blades are shiny stainless steel and the handles are black.

Photo - 1.jpeg

But isn't the idea of a "paring" knife the slimness of the blade makes it easier to curve around your object?

Still gorgeous - wouldn't say no to one. To go along with all the other knives I have and don't need.

Congrats - let us know how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom