Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had to go to the Asian market for a few things. I saw these and had to have them: IMG_7600.jpg

They are about finger bowl size...

Here's one of those dip sauce bowls I got way back, and I paid 79¢ each, in '84 or '85, and 99¢ each for some large soup bowls that I use more than any, to this day. I checked them (and any other cheap things like that that I bought) for lead in the glaze, but everything was safe, except one Mexican bean pot I had.
one of the dip sauce bowls I got in NYC Chinatown, in the mid-80s. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Turn the bowl, pepper! I want to see the rest!

lol - I leaned to the side to peek around it but it didn't work... :bangin: :whistling
You don't have that 3D computer yet?:ROFLMAO:

The inside is just white, which is why I showed the side. Nothing inside, not even stains from all that dip sauce.

TL, There are these test kits for checking either paints or ceramics, or other surfaces, to see if there is lead in it. Some cheaper things said they weren't effective with ceramics, but most would work. It's just a chemical, most on a q-tip type thing, and the color would change, with lead present.

I really wanted a steamer canner years ago and never knew they got the approval for use! I read it here, and had to get it! I bought this one. It seems that Victorio is now VKP. Since I bought it, I had to test it out. SO...I canned another 2 dozen pints of salsa and 4 quarts. I like this steamer a lot! It's really easy to use and set up. My only hit is that it will only do 8 pints at a time rather than 9, but it is so much lighter.
%
20230905_142817.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom