Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought some a few months back, or similar reasons. But, I haven't gotten around to coating them in the beeswax. Did yours come with the wax already on them? I'm a little daunted by the melting, dipping, letting them solidify process.
Yes, these are already coated. I was thinking about doing it myself, but I didn't, for the same reasons. I can even use free beeswax from our hives, but I'm just not up to it.

I really enjoy homemade ice creams. I use a Cuisinart with the freezable tub. I've had it for 20 years. Lately I've been making vanilla, pineapple, blueberry and maple walnut. I don't make ice cream as often as I like because I like eating it too much.
Well, the medical issues I have make it difficult for me to put on weight, so my doctors tell me to eat whatever I can. Ice cream goes down pretty easily 😉

For ice cream ideas, one can do a www search for "Copy Cat Ice Cream Recipes" or even a specific one that you might like to mimic...you'll come up with lots of ideas. Chopped or processed cookies (homemade or store-bought) make a good addition!

One of my favorite things to do with vanilla or chocolate ice cream...layer it with things, as you pack it in a storage container. Things like chocolate syrup, caramel and chopped up MINI Reese's peanut butter cups is really good! I like the mini one as they are not wrapped and they are easiest to chop (mini, not the small ones).

When I buy pre-made ice cream, I stick with a local brand that is all that's left of a local chain of ice cream shops from decades ago. It's delicious and creamy and contains about ⅓ the number of ingredients in the national brands.

YUMMY!

buy-your-haagen-dazs-haagen-dazs-coffee-chip-ice-cream-14-oz-on-sale_0.jpg

Looks good...should be pretty easy to make a copycat...may take a bit of trial and error to perfect it! I would start with a good vanilla as a base, add some instant coffee or instant espresso...then, I think I would chop a good chocolate bar as opposed to using baking stuff. Or search the www for a copycat recipe?

Do you have an ice cream maker, @msmofet?

I have a new one buried somewhere.

My old Waring died. I used to make fantastic coffee, butter pecan, and maple walnut ice creams. None of them had eggs in the recipes. Not sure if they started as a vanilla base. But I don’t think so.

One day I’ll figure out where hub buried my new one that makes up to a gallon at a time. The old one only made one quart.

If anyone wants the recipes let me know. They were really good. I think I will go on a treasure hunt to find mine. Lol

Yes, please! if they are good, I want to try them! No rush and whatever works best for you. Holler if you need an email addy. Thanks!!!!
Here you go Ginny. I hope you like them.

I've never had pineapple ice cream. It sounds amazing!

I just made some dark chocolate ice cream using hershey dark chocolate cocoa.
Here is the recipe I use for pineapple ice cream. I cut the lemon juice amount in half because it was overpowering. Also, I skipped the booze. Either fresh or canned pineapple works.

Back
Top Bottom