COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 2nd (Pfizer) is this Wednesday and hoping the side effects won't be too onerous.....would love not to wake up with a tag on my toes, either, Lee Vining!!

The first one was a breeze, though I wanted to eat everything in sight for days! Guess I'd better start my diet now.....

I get my second Pfizer shot on Monday. I expect to spend Tuesday very tired, and perhaps sleeping. But, it is worth it.

BTW, the reason the second Pfizer and Moderna shots have more side effects than the first is that the first shot got your immune system working, and that immune system sees the second shot in a similar way to the virus, and the two of them fight it out for a day or two. So, if you feel like $h!T the next day, be happy, because the vaccine shots are working.

CD
4th to 5th day on the second shot took me down CD. Advil liquigells helped a lot.

I am set to get my first shot tonight.

Can I take Ibuprofen/Advil or do I have to take Tylenol for soreness etc.?

I've read no Ibuprofen/Advil just Tylenol. Others say Ibuprofen/Advil is fine.

Don't take anything unless you need to and Advil has been the poor mans silver bullet in the circles we run with if you do.

I think if your doctor has not recommended a particular pain killer to you, it doesn't really matter which one you take, unless you have a reaction to any of them. I have to take Tylenol if I need it, because the others pose a risk of stomach damage to me, but that's because of other medical issues I have.

Himself goes for his second shot on Tuesday. I'll be watching him closely over the remainder of the week since my second is due the following week Thursday. Hopefully, he skates through this one easily, too.

A friend of mine who lives in FL had posted on FB that she got a shot. I asked her if it was #1 or #2. She said just the first one - she had to wait for her allergy tests come back to make sure she could take it. Himself and I had never heard of this. Does anyone else know someone who encountered needing allergy tests for a Covid shot?

You take what works for you, do not pre-medicate. Only take if you spike a temp over 101F or you are achy and uncomfortable.

Himself goes for his second shot on Tuesday. I'll be watching him closely over the remainder of the week since my second is due the following week Thursday. Hopefully, he skates through this one easily, too.

A friend of mine who lives in FL had posted on FB that she got a shot. I asked her if it was #1 or #2. She said just the first one - she had to wait for her allergy tests come back to make sure she could take it. Himself and I had never heard of this. Does anyone else know someone who encountered needing allergy tests for a Covid shot?

Maybe she has other allergies? I know that there can be allergic reactions to one or some of the ingredients in at least one of the vaccines. I don't remember details, because I have never had an allergic reaction to any medication. It was one of the questions on the form I had to fill in to get my appointment.

I haven't heard of this. Dh has many pollen allergies and gets a significant reaction to any and all vaccines.

Had my second on Thursday and other than arm soreness at the injection site, felt fine. Same for Rob. I don't usually react to the flu shot either. Friend of mine had a very mild reaction on his second shot.

All the temp morgues at the wife's hospital are empty and COVID caseloads are down. Unrelated, delayed surgeries and other treatments that were put on hold are way, way up.
She's still working 12's and holding over and her days off.
Flirting with the 50% Cali/Fed tax bracket.

We're now hoping to be able to head to the Sedona/Sonora desert for a weeks stay early next month before the heat sets in.

Last edited:
I just got my 2nd Moderna shot today; no problems yet, even after being in the garden for the last 2 hours. Tomorrow is supposed to be a crappy day (to be outside, that is),and the next very cold (for the spring), so if something hits me as far as side effects, I hope it's on those two days!

I got my second Pfizer shot on Monday. I was tired on Tuesday, but that's all. I took a long nap Tuesday afternoon, so now I'm wide awake in the middle of the night. I should have made myself stay up.

CD

All the temp morgues at the wife's hospital are empty and COVID caseloads are down. Unrelated, delayed surgeries and other treatments that were put on hold are way, way up.
She's still working 12's and holding over and her days off.
Flirting with the 50% Cali/Fed tax bracket.

We're now hoping to be able to head to the Sedona/Sonora desert for a weeks stay early next month before the heat sets in.

A trip to the desert sounds fun. Do you have an ATV? ;)

CD

I got the Moderna last Friday. I also fell that same day so I didn't associate my sore arm to the shot until TB figured it out. The area where I was vaccinated was untouchable for almost 3 days. Other than that I had no noticeable side effects.

I have to be careful for another week (2 total) and then I can venture out more than just Miley's afternoon walks. I am looking forward to sitting in the park and reading or writing for a while. I REALLY miss the outdoors. After a year on my little balcony, it is time to get back into the world!

Here in BC, Canada, we are having 800 - 1200 new infections a day. That might not sound like much but when we started it was up in the 100 - 200 range. We had a 2-year-old die of COVID this week. So sad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom