COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds a little bit encouraging, PF. It sounds like you need to talk some sense into your beloved family, though. You have my permission to slap them upside their heads. :mrgreen:

That sounds a little bit encouraging, PF. It sounds like you need to talk some sense into your beloved family, though. You have my permission to slap them upside their heads. :mrgreen:

That I might do if I thought that people did not have the right to refuse medical care. Everyone has the right to refuse.

Just a thought.

We embraced masks and carrying hand sanitizer, at the start of the pandemic.

While they may not have anything to do with it, we have not had a hint of a cold or any allergy reactions in that time.

Although fully vaccinated, masking and hand sanitizer will remain a part of our daily protocol when we leave our home.

Ross

Ross, so many people have made a point about flu numbers being so low this year. That "the government" is fudging the numbers or something. No, fools, it's because for the last year we've all been pretty careful about staying home more, staying away from strangers when we're out, and wearing masks that (according to some) don't help with anything. :glare: And I want to know why people had to be told to wash their hands. Did people not wash their hands before this pandemic? :ermm: Wait, I don't want to know. :LOL:

That I might do if I thought that people did not have the right to refuse medical care. Everyone has the right to refuse.
I understand that, PF. It saddens me, though, that what seems like a simple thing to so many of us is such a hard decision for others. Sad, too, that someone you love being so sick when she might not have been if she were vaccinated is something that could break your heart - metaphorically speaking. I sure hope that your ticker is doing well these days and no cause for concern. This past year+ has been quite a trip for all of us! :ohmy:

I understand that, PF. It saddens me, though, that what seems like a simple thing to so many of us is such a hard decision for others. Sad, too, that someone you love being so sick when she might not have been if she were vaccinated is something that could break your heart - metaphorically speaking. I sure hope that your ticker is doing well these days and no cause for concern. This past year+ has been quite a trip for all of us! :ohmy:

Seems weird to me, at one point I had 27 patients with Covid, if anyone should have gotten it, it should have been me. But, thanks to the quick response of the facility minimal staff were affected. We were able to keep Covid out of the facility for the first 5 months. Thought we had it made until a 17 year old brought it in after her vacation.

My ticker is fine, my mental is not so good. Severely divided by my need to take care of my sister and the need to take care of my patients. Wouldn't be so bad if my sister was not 3 hours away.

Facility hit again, another young staffer came up positive and she's been working the last three days. Another round of testing and visitations have been stopped. Another staff, her son (grade school) is positive, too! I share an office with her.

I locked myself in, got my work done and came home. Luckily I am a few days ahead on my resident assessments, so I don't have to leave my office. Will see what happens next week when I have to venture out and see residents.

That is so worrisome PF. I hope you can stay safe and healthy.

I am impressed you are ahead on your assessments!

This is the busy month, too! I had 15 comprehensives and admits. Next month, just one comprehensive. But, most of next month are third quarter, so I'll be busy with comprehensives again in a couple of months. Love how the changes make my life not boring. I'll be able to get a lot of reviews and updates on care plans done next month. We've been cleaning up lots of things lately, getting out dated diagnoses fixed is time consuming. It will still be nice to get some help, I've been doing it by myself for over a year.

Springfield, MO ended its mask mandate @ midnight Thursday.

Some businesses will still demand masks.

I expect a lot of yelling, in stores and restaurants.

Ross

The ole ladies (my mother and stepmother) had their second Pfizer shots yesterday. The folks from Torrance Memorial came back to see their home bound patients as promised to administer the shots.
Taking them to a nearby pharmacy for the shots was out of the question, good thing the local hospital started to make house calls.... most likely due to the over abundance of vaccines available..

I got my second Moderna shot today, about an hour and a half ago. I didn't really feel the needle, even though I was watching the nurse inject me. I just felt the tiniest bit of pressure on my skin for a second. No side effects yet.

Congratulations taxy!

Thank you Beth. I do feel relieved. DH is getting his second shot on 19 July and will be fully marinated for 1 August. I'm really glad that they moved second vaccinations earlier, once they got more doses. It will be nice to socialize in person again.

I had my second Moderna shot today, too. I heard a few people in the lineup complain about Moderna, but Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines, I'm not complaining at all!

I had my second Moderna shot today, too. I heard a few people in the lineup complain about Moderna, but Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines, I'm not complaining at all!

Yay! So, are they moving the appointments for second shots in BC too?

I have friends in Sweden who figure the Moderna shot is better than the one from Pfizer. I'm sure they each have advantages and drawbacks as compared to the other one.

I'm just glad to get the vaccination and even happier that it's one of the mRNA vaccinations.

Yay! So, are they moving the appointments for second shots in BC too?
Yes, the plan in BC was to have the majority get the first shot, and then work on the second.
As of yesterday, 77.7% of adults and 76% of children aged 12 and up have had their first shot.
About 26% have had both shots.
It's taken us a while to get vaccine shipments but things are working very quickly now.

I have friends in Sweden who figure the Moderna shot is better than the one from Pfizer. I'm sure they each have advantages and drawbacks as compared to the other one.
Moderna had some production issues and were slower to ship vaccine to us than Pfizer, so maybe Pfizer has a higher profile, at least here in Canada. I've read some of the studies, they are both so very similar. And, as you say, both mRNA. I am very happy!

Over 80,000 second doses were given out in BC yesterday! That's so reassuring. Glad we finally have enough vaccine we can get into people's arms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom