COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Round One went in today. My arm is sore; every once in a while it feels heavy, as if someone strapped a brick to my upper arm. Since the first of two pneumonia shots gave me a dead arm for two days, it will be interesting if I can lift my left arm tomorrow.

Round Two is scheduled for April 29th. That means I should be fully marinated by May 13th. Looks like I'll be making a haircut appointment with my stylist on May 14th! And that I can tell my hygienist on the 17th that she has less to worry about as she cleans and polishes my teeth. :mrgreen:

I saw a news story on CBS yesterday about a research clinic in CA is testing an oral Covid vaccine. That would make things even easier. In case you want to read: Oral COVID-19 vaccine being tested in Los Angeles-area research center.

My arm started getting a little sore around the injection site about 8 hours after the shot. The person who vaccinated me told me to be sure to keep moving the arm.

Himself and I both got Pfizer. My arm hurts if I try to flap it like a wing, but range of motion is still all there. Heading to bed shortly. We'll see if it works in the morning.

Himself and I both got Pfizer. My arm hurts if I try to flap it like a wing, but range of motion is still all there. Heading to bed shortly. We'll see if it works in the morning.

You're testing fate! It say right there on the bottle: "Do not try to flap your arm like a wing."

We have a ton of vaccination sites here but it's still super difficult to get an appointment! I see that as a good sign that a lot of people in my city are getting vaccinated!

My husband got one here in town, but I had to travel an hour. I became eligible for my second shot Wednesday and was hoping to reschedule closer to home, but so far no luck. That's ok, as long as I get it next week, all is good.
Got my second dose of Pfizer today! A friend and I drove 50 miles away since appointments are still so hard to get, but it's done! Red Lobster for lunch! No side effects yet that I've noticed except for a bit tired.

New Hampshire announced yesterday they will give shots to anyone who registers REGARDLESS OF RESIDENCY beginning Monday. I guess they have an abundance of vaccinate.

New Hampshire's abundance probably contributes to so many people elsewhere having to drive long distances elsewhere. Too bad they can't ship them to places near bakechef or Dawg, rather than have people drive from all over to get to NH.
You're testing fate! It say right there on the bottle: "Do not try to flap your arm like a wing."
[emoji38] Trust me, Andy, this dodo won't fly no matter how hard I would flap.

New Hampshire's abundance probably contributes to so many people elsewhere having to drive long distances elsewhere. Too bad they can't ship them to places near bakechef or Dawg, rather than have people drive from all over to get to NH.[emoji38] Trust me, Andy, this dodo won't fly no matter how hard I would flap.

I fear their abundance vaccine is a sign residents are refusing the vaccine.

It's much easier to get an appointment in a more rural town in NC. Cities kinda lean one way and rural lean completely opposite so I bet when we see who's percentage of vaccinated people is highest, it'll paint a predictable picture. These areas were also loose with mask wearing.
I fear their abundance vaccine is a sign residents are refusing the vaccine.

I think that part of the reason that the rural areas are less interested in getting vaccinated is that the chance that they know someone who had a really bad case or died from C-19 is a lot lower in the less densely populated areas.

5th day after the second Pfizer was glad I woke up without a tag on my toe.
Advill knocks back the side effects somewhat. Hold that thought.
Overall my taste has improved.

I had no side effects except a little soreness at the injection site for about an hour. No taste problems, but then I have always had good taste. :LOL:

I get my second Pfizer shot on Monday. I expect to spend Tuesday very tired, and perhaps sleeping. But, it is worth it.

BTW, the reason the second Pfizer and Moderna shots have more side effects than the first is that the first shot got your immune system working, and that immune system sees the second shot in a similar way to the virus, and the two of them fight it out for a day or two. So, if you feel like $h!T the next day, be happy, because the vaccine shots are working.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom