Cooking from scratch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents served us head cheese when we were kids. Mom called it “veal loaf.”
My Danish mum made something called "sylte". It is similar to head cheese, but isn't necessarily made from the head, though originally it was. Sometimes there is veal included. It is a traditional Yule food, that is served on rugbrød (Scandinavian style, heavy rye bread.) in Denmark and Sweden and often on lefse in Norway. I really liked it. I have tried buying head cheese / brawn, but wasn't fond of the seasoning.

Last edited:
1717780308121.png
Better??? Look he's smiling!

Kathleen hit the nail on the head.

When the cook knows what they are doing it is possible to change minds. G-ma knew what she was doing!

Every so often I'll hear "I don't like mushrooms, until I tried yours".

It is amazing that anyone would eat a hotdog if they saw them made.....

Kathleen hit the nail on the head.

When the cook knows what they are doing it is possible to change minds. G-ma knew what she was doing!

Every so often I'll hear "I don't like mushrooms, until I tried yours".

It is amazing that anyone would eat a hotdog if they saw them made.....
True.

I don't like Okra, but probably only because the only time I tried it, it was slimy. I feel sure if someone prepared it for me and it wasn't slimy, I might find it perfectly acceptable. (I'm not rushing out to buy any for myself though!)

True Katy, my sister prepared some okra for me while I was visiting in Florida. She breaded and fried, it was delicious. But any time I've tried it came out slimy - never again.
SGM - I've seen it made and have no problem. Favourite way is right out of the pkg - raw!

True Katy, my sister prepared some okra for me while I was visiting in Florida. She breaded and fried, it was delicious. But any time I've tried it came out slimy - never again.
SGM - I've seen it made and have no problem. Favourite way is right out of the pkg - raw!
"...right out of the pkg - raw!" I hope that refers to mushrooms and not hotdogs Dragn!! LOL

Balony in stick form. I haven't bought balony in donkey's years but finger food hot dogs, yeah.
Come to think of it, probably safer than steak tartar. LOL or ceviche, gag.

oh thank you for the recipe i will try it later this week ,
for me i learn how to cook from my mother and books also and also dont use cans in your recipe just organic vegetables

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom