When it comes to apples, these apples are my favorite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i like gala
and hermon appels
but only good quality ones as often they are not that good..

what are your favorite apples?
btw
have you heard of sapadona pears? they are really different in taste and texture..

Attachments

• IMG_20240908_114809.jpg
    IMG_20240908_114809.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 18
I haven't heard of that kind of pears around here lately.
Gala apples, mr bliss's favorite kind and even though we have 2 apple trees (different kinds) and many kinds available in the stores, Gala is his favorite for many years.
The harvest of apples and pears is late aug, sept-oct, so the fresh ones will be coming to stores soon. Apple farms often have 'pick your own' around here.

gala is often amazing but hermon is even more so.
i like to eat them afrer cutting them.
sapadona pears have a sandy but juicy texture when they are good. and the taste out of this world.
often, these pears wont rippen. but often when not comming from storage they dont have the problem.

very tasty stuff

i like gala
and hermon appels

btw
have you heard of sapadona pears? they are really different in taste and texture..
Spadona pears are delicious, I bought some the other day, we used to have a spadona pear tree, they're really popular down here in Southern Italy.

I'll definitely be making one soon. 😀Don't know when, I've been a bit busy lately, I would like to make the pastry myself too, I sometimes cheat and buy it from the fridge counter. 😁

Gala apples here is one of the cheaper and less tasty variety. Minnesota is famous for developing new variety of apples. Here is the link to U of M site that shows apple that have been developed here:

https://mnhardy.umn.edu/apples/varieties

I like honeycrisp, sweet tango, zestar, but Honeygold is my favorite. The only apple I eat with the skin, otherwise I always peel my apples.

Gala apples here is one of the cheaper and less tasty variety. Minnesota is famous for developing new variety of apples. Here is the link to U of M site that shows apple that have been developed here:

I like honeycrisp, sweet tango, zestar, but Honeygold is my favorite. The only apple I eat with the skin, otherwise I always peel my apples.
I peel mine too. And one of my favorite snacks is apple slices with peanut butter.

i like gala
and hermon appels

btw
Gala apples are great but I love Golden Delicious apple.
Apple Kalpa.jpg

photo source: facebook.com/photo

Last edited by a moderator:

it depends on which gala.. in israel they are mostly amazing

Back
Top Bottom