What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emma (1996) with Gwyneth Paltrow
Emma,' based on the novel by Jane Austen

However, this coming Sunday we are going to go see Lawrence of Arabia (1962) on the Imax big screen. I have never seen the movie. It came out before I was born and I just never watched it on re-runs on tv. I don't know why. I just never watched it. I am pretty excited about seeing it because my man Obi-Wan Kenobi aka Sir Alec Guinness is in the movie. You know if it Star Wars related I am there. ;)

Oh, Snap..
Hey Charlie,
What is the real scoop. I know nothing about the movie or the man the movie revolves around. What did he do? You have my full attention.
The real story is you have to look out throw the history in general. And everything that Great Britain (or so they call themselves) have done to mess up the whole middle east, India, etc. and the problem we are still having now.

Lift with Kevin Hart. Interpol makes a deal with a master thief to help steal something. Funny, different, and of course all the good twists involved.
also Vincent d'Onof, :heart: Jean Reno:heart:, plus more!
Good action doing the impossible. Great entertainment for an evening.

We went to the drive in (I know right) last night and saw Deadpool & Wolverine and Alien: Romulus.

Deadpool was a lot of fun. Alien was okish.

Well, what can I say, feel good movie is a feel good movie, actually two. I just finished The Ultimate Life and The Ultimate legacy. No sex, no fighting, no murder or foul language. Little silly, but pure pleasure.

Saw Lift the other night. It was good enough for a sleepy night. Beautiful photography though. Just that made it worth watching it.

OMG... just finished a 5 tissue but still funny and can highly recommend the movie. Jackie Chan's "Ride On" 2023. About an aging stuntman and his horse. I believe it is dedicated to China's Stuntmen.

Well, what can I say, feel good movie is a feel good movie, actually two. I just finished The Ultimate Life and The Ultimate legacy. No sex, no fighting, no murder or foul language. Little silly, but pure pleasure.
We both liked those movies. About the value of work, caring for others, family, love.
It comes with a series, the first one you might enjoy too. I actually enjoyed the first one the most. Ultimate Gift 2006,Ultimate Life 2013 & Ultimate Legacy 2015.

While it's not a movie, I want to recommend the Sherlock Holmes series starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock. One of the better versions set in modern day London.

Andy, watched the first episode - actually think it was a movie - was certainly long enough. About his sister?

OK, I've now just checked on IMDB but can't find a reference to that one. Seems I must have come across - certainly not S1 E1! I also see that they are all 1.5 hours.

But in any case - found it a little dark and creepy. It was good and I'd watch more episodes but it certainly won't be one of my 'go to' evening entertainments. LOL

Andy, watched the first episode - actually think it was a movie - was certainly long enough. About his sister?

OK, I've now just checked on IMDB but can't find a reference to that one. Seems I must have come across - certainly not S1 E1! I also see that they are all 1.5 hours.

But in any case - found it a little dark and creepy. It was good and I'd watch more episodes but it certainly won't be one of my 'go to' evening entertainments. LOL
There were two movies about SH's sister. They were titled ENOLA HOLMES I & II. The cast was different from the TV series I was recommending. Episodes appear to be 90 minutes each.

No, I've seen those. This is not ENOLA. Those were funny and fun.
In this one she is quite mad and Mycroft had her committed at a young age. The story starts on the premise that Sherlock doesn't even know he has a sister, but is starting to have nightmares.
As I said, dark and (to me) creepy.

No, I've seen those. This is not ENOLA. Those were funny and fun.
In this one she is quite mad and Mycroft had her committed at a young age. The story starts on the premise that Sherlock doesn't even know he has a sister, but is starting to have nightmares.
As I said, dark and (to me) creepy.
I'm not aware of that movie.

Back
Top Bottom