What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been making this Mini Chocolate Cream Pie for a few years now. About twice a month.

I thought I'd told everyone here about it. :LOL:

Its a 7" pie (perfect for we two) and the only change I make is that I use regular pie crust as I don't care for cracker or cookie crusts.

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocolate-cream-pie-2/

Ross

That's right Ross!
My memory is starting to fail me :glare:
I even made that recipe I believe ...

LOL. I kinda thought that you had, some time back. :ermm::LOL:

Welcome to fading memory lane. ;)

Ross

:LOL:
Thanks for the warm welcome Ross! :ROFLMAO:

I found it!

IMG_0299.jpg

I thought that I had made that recipe, that was back in February 2021.
How time flies when we're having fun.

Not too long ago, a Crumbl Cookie opened up not far from us.
DH made the executive decision that we needed to have some for dessert today.

IMG_1637.jpg

But again, he forgot to change out of his house slippers and refused to get out of the car. :LOL:

IMG_1758.jpg

So I suggested that I go into the shop, take a picture of their display tray of what flavors were being offered this week.
:idea:
Brilliant!

As I suspected, we wound up with a box of 6 `cuz it was double rewards week with an order of 6 or more cookies :blush:

IMG_1760.jpg

2 Snickerdoodle Cupcake
2 Iced Oatmeal
2 Milk Chocolate Chip

YUM!

With a hot cup of coffee, dessert is served.
We also decided that we'd eat our supper early so that we could dive into that pink box! :ROFLMAO:

cookie cutter.jpg
(photo credit Crumbl Cookies)

I made the grave error of showing DH the cookie cutter from Crumbl (you can kinda see it in the photo above).
It cuts each cookie evenly into 4 pieces.
Now he wants one and they're $9 !!! :blink: NOPE!

Last edited:
I'm betting that you guys have one or two knives around the kitchen? ;-)

Love the cookies! We don't have anything like that around here...but we do have a new store: Nothing Bundt Cakes https://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/?msclkid=86b26c03b4c81ef214f50ea69c9273f0&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Nothing%20Bundt%20Cakes_B_Top%20Brand_National-Radius%20Experiment%206.1.22&utm_term=nothing%20bundt%20cake&utm_content=nothing%20bundt%20cakes

Right-o Ginny! I use disposable plastic knives and just keep one in that pink box at all times ;)

As to Nothing bundt, we had one close to where we lived in SoAZ, but never tried it.

We had strawberries with crème fraiche for dessert. (All of the whipping cream I can order on the intertubes has weird stuff in it, even the organic ones.) Had that with some Porto.

...but we do have a new store: Nothing Bundt Cakes...
We walked into one a couple years ago (pre-Covid) while on vacation. We thought we'd split a bundtlet, but couldn't decide on a flavor to share. At $5.95 each, we passed on two and ended up with zero. I will admit to being annoyingly frugal, but at almost a buck a bite, I just couldn't justify it. Besides, Himself had just blown the budget getting morning coffee at Caribou instead of McD's. :LOL: Just kidding about the budget thing...

We have a Nothing Bundt Cake store, close to our bank.

We drop in for a small cake often. We are addicted to their Raspberry Chocolate Cake. :yum:

I will refrain from speaking of CG's frugality. What is it that the "cool kids" say, "YOLO"? :ermm:;)

Ross

I love that one too! But our store claims they only make it once a year, in February, I think? Grrrrrrr.

Our local Kroger grocery store had some awesome blueberries on sale yesterday, so I put a carton in my cart.

This morning I made a great blueberry buckle. I've made this before which guarantees it's going to be tasty. Dessert for several days ahead. Yum!

Here's a link to the recipe if anyone wants to try it, too: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/blueberry-buckle-recipe-2012987.

That recipe does look good, Katie. I have some cake flour I want to use up. I bought some pretty berries at Aldi on Monday. I can see this appearing on a counter near us soon. Thanks for the link - I saved it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom