What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prosciutto, pepperoni, and Italian dry salami. white cheddar, Castelvetrano olives, Spanish olives, peaches, cantaloupe, red cherry tomatoes, multigrain crackers, and chocolate-covered cranberries. The base of this lunch was a Columbus Craft Meats Tasting Board that I found at a Sam's Club. It was pretty good, but I could buy better at my local deli.

AND a seafood fork that I grabbed to fish olives out of the jar and simply kept it. :D

I cooked a local speciality today (Benevento province), an all-in-one two course meal.
I hope this translation makes sense:

" Stuffed Flank Steak Pocket in tomato sauce"

We had fresh fusilli (store bought) with the tomato sauce and then slices of meat for afters.
A simple stuffing :breadcrumbs mixed with beaten egg, parmesan, chopped garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.

A slow-cooking recipe, at least 2 hrs, so I cooked early this morning😅, avoiding the scorching heat.

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_181815.jpg
    IMG_20240811_181815.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 11
Picked up a beautiful zucchini from the local farmers market and decided to turn some of it into one of my favorite summertime treats - sliced fried zucchini served on my best fine china :ROFLMAO:

That fried zucchini looks good. The absolute best preparation for zucchini IMO. Serving it on your finest dinnerware makes it even more enticing. ;)

CD

I had a late lunch of tuna salad and arugula (instead of lettuce) on seeded semolina Italian bread and tomato salad. So will probably just have a snack later.

Well now, here's a shocker.
I just finished a "Grill Dog" by Pillsner. I am completely flummoxed. Blood pressure dropped so bad I could hardly stand. When I did, I was so wonky hanging on to the furniture to move around. My brain left and was on another planet.
This has been happening all week whenever I ate one of them and it just didn't dawn on me what was causing it. I've eaten this type often lately and I honestly don't remember it happening before, or connecting it to something like that.
Put the wonkyness down to long trip, etc, etc... never food!
Guess what I'm never having again!

I just finished a "Grill Dog" by Pillsner. I am completely flummoxed. Blood pressure dropped so bad I could hardly stand. When I did, I was so wonky hanging on to the furniture to move around. My brain left and was on another planet.
This has been happening all week whenever I ate one of them and it just didn't dawn on me what was causing it. I've eaten this type often lately and I honestly don't remember it happening before, or connecting it to something like that.
Oh, how scary. I'm glad you figured it out. I'm glad you seem okay now.

It took a little while, but eventually you figured out that your body was saying, "Don't eat that!"

I bought some of those frozen burger puck things that go from the freezer directly to the grill. I just cooked one. The instructions were accurate, as the burger cooked perfectly. But, it tasted awful. I ate half, and tossed the other half in the trash.

CD

Sorry to hear that, hope you recovered quickly, must have been scary. 😕 It's strange though, that the burger caused this.

Back
Top Bottom