What are your guilty pleasures... Fess up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mseaglecook

Senior Cook
Besides chocolate one of mine would be "fail gifs"

I know should not laugh at them but I can't help myself... Yes, I am guilty as all get out but they are amusing.

Last edited:
Dark chocolate, black bean brownies with dark chocolate chips, the vegan chocolate pie we had at christmas.

I love dark chocolate and my husband who purported to not like chocolate of any kind has been ravishing my stash of dark chocolate M&Ms on a regular basis.

Never mind!!

Reese's Dark Chocolate Mini PB Cups. I don't buy them, because I'll eat them all in one day. Another thing is something I can not get in Texas -- Tastykate Butterscotch Krimpets.

I do not have a sweet tooth, and rarely eat sweets, but those two items I can not resist.

CD

I saw this on some site posted as a fail gif.. I think it is adorable...

Tigers sleeping

Sorry for the link. I tried to post this gif.. but me a gifs on this site don't work out... LOL
Your tiger gif reminded me of: Okay this happened 30-40 years ago, I had a preschooler and we took them to a small zoo as a preschool trip. While were were at the zoo, it started to rain. There weren't many shelters so people went into whatever shelters there were and this one was the lion or tiger shelter with a cage with tiger's let say. (it was a long time ago) All these little preschoolers and moms and teachers crowded in a very humid and slightly smelly cage like environment. The tiger's decided to mate and the adults laughed or snickered and talked among themselves, then the children starting asking questions! (oh no) At the end of the performance the female tiger smacks the male across the head, like 'get out of here'. Lots of questions from the children, "why did that one hit the other one? (hitting is bad in preschool) what are they doing?" questions that no one answered.:giggle:
I'm pretty sure I know what the tiger's guilty pleasure is.

Deep fried food, like a good fish and chips, chicken wings or a chicken kiraage, I have little resistance but it's a lot or work and I only allow myself 2 or 3 times a year to make it and I rarely order deep fried when out, it's been years actually.

As much as I love dark chocolate, I don't care for dark chocolate versions of candies that were not dark chocolate originally. A dark chocolate Reese's or M&M wouldn't taste right to me. SO bought be a box of dark chocolate Raisinettes recently. Didn't care for them at all.

However, I have a weakness for any chocolate candy. . . . and ice cream and Lay's Classic Potato Chips.

Last edited:
Dark chocolate is something I treat myself to occasionally, when certain chocolates are on sale, in a few stores around here. Something I have no willpower with are brownies - those ones I make with 8 oz unsw chocolate and 8 oz butter (named Palm Beach Brownies, I guess because of the richness) are so incredibly good, I don't even make them anymore, unless I'm taking them somewhere, otherwise, they are in the next room calling me. The only other sweet that I can think of that I have no willpower with, are those Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons, with the layer of dark chocolate spread on the bottom - another one I only make to take somewhere, and eat only a few that way.

And something that I used to eat, that I only treat myself to occasionally now, is Thai Curry. I used to make 2 or 3 a week (which means many more servings, for one, and often this would be for breakfast and lunch, as well), and with all that coconut milk/cream, and the white jasmine rice, definitely not something I should have been eating so much of! And then there were those Thai soups, with the coconut milk. When I reduced this greatly in my diet, (this was way back, when I went on my Indian food kick, so I was buying a lot of lentils, instead of jasmine rice) I lost about 45 lbs. I still treat myself to it occasionally, but I don't keep 3 or 4 varieties of curry paste in the freezer, like I used to.

Then there are those sweets I'll be eating too many of by around July 4th - those Sunsugar tomatoes. But then, they aren't as bad for me as these other things I mentioned. :LOL:

I suppose that my biggest guilty pleasure is avoiding social functions. 🤭

1715194473990.jpeg

Dark chocolate is a semi-guilty pleasure. Good red wine is definitely a guilty pleasure with how much it costs these days. Also, ice cream, especially chocolate ice cream.

Me too. I play games pretty much every day. Mostly at home in the evenings, but also during the day at work during downtime.

Twenty something years ago, I bought the computer game MYST. I got obsessed with that game. Once I solved it, I never bought another video game.

I have zero interest in games like Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty. Don't get me wrong, I do occasionally enjoy an action/adventure movie with gratuitous violence, but just don't want to a participant, even on a virtual level.

Besides, my brain and thumbs are barely on speaking terms. Computer/video games are WAY too much for my hand/eye coordination to manage. When I have played one of those games in the past, I've died in less than a minute.

My sister loves games like Candy Crush and that one about the birds attacking.

CD

Yeah, I've been a gamer for a while, not as much the last few years though. Cut my teeth on Zelda, Orcina of Time and Golden Eye 007 both on the Nintendo 64 platform. I use X Box now.

Yeah, I've been a gamer for a while, not as much the last few years though. Cut my teeth on Zelda, Orcina of Time and Golden Eye 007 both on the Nintendo 64 platform. I use X Box now.

Ah, Bond movies are one of my guilty pleasures, for sure. Yes, it is shallow, and very sexist, but I can't resit.

Dog... Caseydog.

Good ol' Zelda... my young sons played it - and so did I - I found a glitch and was able to arm myself to the teeth as a beginner! LOL But I don't play action games - like casey - too fast for me to live more than 5 seconds. I play only Hidden Objects games... and Solitaire.

Back
Top Bottom