What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to the pub a while ago, but I got a txt from granddaughter saying they have mass this afternoon and for some reason she and her friend aren't going?.
Shes at a catholic girls school.
So they are coming here to get picked up later.
Canceled pub so prolly saved myself $50.
Look forward to time with my grandkids.

Russ

Watching my favorite HGTV! Tonight it's Home Town. Seeing people renovate a whole town can make me feel bad about my messy desk though... LOL! :eek:

I've been enjoying a lazy Sunday morning (now afternoon). Not much planned for today. I'll run to the grocery store later. I saw chicken breast on sale for $1.99 lb.

Think I'll pick some lettuce from the garden and make big salads for dinner with fresh homegrown tomatoes, store-bought cucumber, radish, carrots and topped with chicken, bacon, and feta cheese. Maybe I'll made a balsamic vinaigrette.
I am a woman on a mission when I see chicken breasts on sale. I like to package up individual breasts in zip sandwich bags, then put 2-3 of those into a quart freezer bag. If I don't know what to make for supper, I can defrost a breast or two in a pan of cool water in no time and fix one of a myriad of chicken dishes that we like.

Prepping for my hospital stay starting tomorrow. Getting a bag packed, shopping for some decent snacks to take with me as well. Our hospital doesn't provide great options.
I hope all goes well for you. It's nice that you get to bring in food. Hopefully you'll also have your laptop/phone with you to stay in touch.

I am a woman on a mission when I see chicken breasts on sale. I like to package up individual breasts in zip sandwich bags, then put 2-3 of those into a quart freezer bag. If I don't know what to make for supper, I can defrost a breast or two in a pan of cool water in no time and fix one of a myriad of chicken dishes that we like.
Me too!

Today, I'm still snickering! :LOL: Yesterday, we had to run over to the local hardware store. DH needed a few things. At the help desk, DH asked one of the guys if this is the right chain for his chain saw...they compared the numbers and agreed it was the correct chain. Good deal and DH asked if he could just pay "here"...they agreed he could. So, he got his new chain, a six pack of motor oils and then, oops, almost forgot this...as he hands the guy a brand new shovel handle. The guy looked and said, "Oh, I thought that was your cane!!"" :ROFLMAO:

Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it hysterical. When we were young, on a number of occasions, DH was told that he looked like Jeff Foxworthy. To me, he looked a bit like Alan Jackson...more so when DH let his hair get a bit long. In recent times, since his surgery, a few people have asked him if he's that "my-pillow guy?" Well, they both have the same first name? I think this has been the motivation to let his hair be a little longer now. Shhhh!! Time flies.
mini-graphics-flies-036629.gif

We went out to Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. While eating, I overheard Grandma talking to her very young Granddaughter. Shall we say, it was hard not to hear her? Among other things, she asked the young girl, "What's your teacher's name?" The girl responded, "Jessica." I thought, they call teachers by their first name now? 🤷

After lunch, we went over to the East Side Farmers Market. There was a guy selling these little tiny boxes of microgreens. $7 for maybe 1 or 2 ounces? Note to self: Gotta get back to growing microgreens! I can grow at least $21 worth in less than a week.

On the way home, we listened to the radio. They had a story about the studies that have been done, and listing all the terrible, horrible things that happen when you don't get enough sleep! You get depressed, suicidal, become homeless on and on! I realized that last night, I did not get my 8 hours! When we got home, I took a nap.
smileys-sleeping-587674.gif

Yesterday, I made a Wegman’s run and noticed Bell & Evans lollipop chicken drumsticks in the meat case.

I’ve had lollipop chicken wings at upscale work related events but never attempted them at home.

So I bought a package of five small chicken drumsticks and decided to give it a go this morning.

I did fairly well but I’m sure if I was left to French a hundred pounds of chicken wings I would walk out before I got fired.

Doing things like this gives me a renewed appreciation for the way so many people earn their daily crust.

Surgery went right, I am in a lot less pain now. I do however have Bronchitis due to the breathing tube, and with my medication getting rid of it might take quite a while. It's been tiring, especially the coughing at night but I am otherwise better than I was!
I was hoping the bronchitis would be gone by now. Hope you're resting well. Glad you're in less pain. ((hugs))

I'm lying in bed in our condo at a resort in Tennessee listening to the quiet--the only sound is my husband's gentle breathing as he sleeps. It's wonderful. At home I'd be hearing traffic noise but here I can't even hear birds unless I walk out on the balcony. Thankfully the bed is very comfortable and my husband isn't snoring, lol.

I'm going to get up and make tea and coffee shortly, then making blueberry oatmeal pancakes topped with fresh strawberries and honey with maple syrup. We are going swimming early afternoon. I'll pack some sandwiches and beer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom