Sun October 27, '24, trick or treat or dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brisket tacos. They tasted good, but the brisket was bone dry.

1730072969307.jpeg

CD

I had a recipe for ham salad so I made a ham salad sandwich. Diced ham, some toasted almonds, diced celery, mayo, chives, Wooster sauce (which I forgot), and spicy brown mustard. It was good and that's great, because I have enough for two or three more sandwiches. But OMG! Trying to keep all that diced stuff on the bread was a trial. I think next time I'm going to toast the bread and just have an open-faced sandwich and eat it with a fork. Then the bread itself just fell apart. Takes the phrase 'eating with your fingers' to a whole new level.

The other thing I might do is add a little bit of onion and put in some yellow or Dijon mustard instead of spicy brown. This was one time spicy brown mustard just clashed with the flavors of everything else. But I was also supposed to add honey and I didn't because I didn't have any. That might have made a difference, too.

I had some stuff planned, either a salad Niçoise or a Danish version of chicken Stroganoff or even just roast some sausages and veg. But, the chicken breasts and the sausages are frozen and I just wasn't up for the effort of defrosting them. I was less motivated by the salad Niçoise and then realized I don't have green beans, only wax beans and I would have to cook some 'taters. Okay, for most things, was beans are a perfectly adequate substitute for green beans, but I wanted the green colour. The yellow often disappears. So, I had some organic bacon, a couple of eggs, and some whole wheat toast. No defrosting or chopping needed. It was delicious on a chilly autumn Sunday. I had some cocktail tomatoes which I deseeded and sprinkled with Tajin seasoning.

2024-10-27 Breakfast for supper1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom