Saturday Nov. 11, '23 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made that second dish to take to my friend's house tomorrow - like that dal a while ago, with butternut squash, except this one with moth dal, because they are her favorite legumes, and I added some chicken, about 2 c of cooked chicken (no vegetarian friends visiting them, otherwise I would have left this out). I had a small bowl, to make sure there was no heat, and there is no heat - I used sweet paprika, in place of the Kashmiri chili powder, which is usually mild enough for most people, but not her! And the baby can even try it now.

Surprised I didn't take a picture - but starting to use up the Butter Chicken Sauce. Fried up a cubed Chicken breast, scooped up some sticky rice all served with that sauce.
Very tasty.

think I'll have to freeze the balance of the sauce as I can't keep in fridge much longer - would be upset if the rest of it turned.

Dinner at the hotel because we wanted to optimize the time we had in our suite. It's fine food, good homestyle cooking. Not fine dining.
20231111_170538.jpg

Fresh , warm baked bread with aioli, tapenade and salted butter
20231111_172102.jpg

Pork tenderloin with brie, roast vegetables and pepper sauce
20231111_172055.jpg

My husbands sole with green herb sauce
20231111_175229.jpg

My husbands dame blanche
20231111_175237.jpg

Strawberry pavlova

It was all good and we had a great time!

hmmm, I think it looks like it. Vanilla Ice Cream and they have done them as quenelles, with a biscuit and sauce. Red currents as a garnish, very nice.

but I would call that pretty darn close to fine dining. Quenelles, the brie - perfect brulee, pavlova, sole where you can add your own amount of sauce (instead of looking for them drowned).
Yeah, the bread is homey but, without asking, you got salted butter! that to me (if I remember correctly for Europe) is fine dining.

@Xocolatl That looks really yummy. Would you please explain the dame blanche. I looked it up and it doesn't seem to be the same thing.
It's just vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream in It's most basic form.
In this case they added a white chocolate dome ( under it is the ice cream) and they made whipped cream quenelles

hmmm, I think it looks like it. Vanilla Ice Cream and they have done them as quenelles, with a biscuit and sauce. Red currents as a garnish, very nice.

but I would call that pretty darn close to fine dining. Quenelles, the brie - perfect brulee, pavlova, sole where you can add your own amount of sauce (instead of looking for them drowned).
Yeah, the bread is homey but, without asking, you got salted butter! that to me (if I remember correctly for Europe) is fine dining.
I guess my standards are high, lol 😄 it was delicious so whichever it was it was certainly worthwhile

It's just vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream in It's most basic form.
In this case they added a white chocolate dome ( under it is the ice cream) and they made whipped cream quenelles
Ah, so is the chocolate sauce under the dome or is it white chocolate sauce?

The chocolate sauce is in the jar in the picture, did you think that was coffee?
D'oh! :doh: Believe it or not, I thought it was red current sauce. I saw those beautiful red currants and that was just where my mind went. Also, the tiny, thin layer of sauce at the top edge, looks pinkish/reddish to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom