Saturday Nov. 11, '23 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a bit of a search and I believe they are the leaves of the current plant. Very edible, used in teas and a Finnish summer drink called 'Louhisaari', also great for flavouring jellies and ice-cream.

I did a bit of a search and I believe they are the leaves of the current plant. Very edible, used in teas and a Finnish summer drink called 'Louhisaari', also great for flavouring jellies and ice-cream.
I was just looking at them again and noticed that they are tiny. They are just the size that would fit with those red currants. I didn't realize those were edible. If it was lemon balm, you would probably notice the mild lemon smell and flavour that is the reason for the "lemon" part of the name lemon balm.

hmmm, I think it looks like it. Vanilla Ice Cream and they have done them as quenelles, with a biscuit and sauce. Red currents as a garnish, very nice.

but I would call that pretty darn close to fine dining. Quenelles, the brie - perfect brulee, pavlova, sole where you can add your own amount of sauce (instead of looking for them drowned).
Yeah, the bread is homey but, without asking, you got salted butter! that to me (if I remember correctly for Europe) is fine dining.
Momma once said that fine dining is an EXPERIENCE, not a food quality. Like using fine linens and having table service rather than grabbing the fast food paper napkins and eating straight from a can with the refrigerator door open. It's supposed to be unique and sophisticated reflecting manners and upscale trends of the moment.....so....expensive. And one may not expect anyone near them to scratch their hiney with a salad fork. K? :LOL:

Momma once said that fine dining is an EXPERIENCE, not a food quality. Like using fine linens and having table service rather than grabbing the fast food paper napkins and eating straight from a can with the refrigerator door open. It's supposed to be unique and sophisticated reflecting manners and upscale trends of the moment.....so....expensive. And one may not expect anyone near them to scratch their hiney with a salad fork. K? :LOL:
I'm rolling on the floor right now - incredible!

eating straight from a can with the refrigerator door open
are you spying on me?

anyone near them to scratch their hiney with a salad fork.
are you spying on my ex?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom