Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I confess, I buy frozen lasagna sheets. It is one of my favorite things. All I have to do is remove the number needed and by the time I'm ready to use them, they are ready to be used.

Sorry about your delivery Chief! We had to run over to Mom's this afternoon. On the way back traffic was bad, DH said, "We're not going to be able to stay here! Start looking for property in Montana!" So...you never know! We might be neighbors, one day. I would gladly share some frozen lasagna pasta with you!

An absolutely sleepless night has just past. After a talk with my son anout the state of my home in Mi., and the repairs it needs to make it safe, and up to code, it would take more resouses than I have. My wife livrs there, and refuses to move. I have installed new pressure tank for the well, nrw hot water heater, new high efficeincy gas furnace, new dishwadher and stove, and more. Àt this point, the home is an emdless money pit, in part due to my wif's behavior in past years, and her current lifestyle. The nest option is to get her to agree to an apartment, or even a small home, and sell the house that my dad built and I remodled. I know that she will reguse, and as half owner of the house, I can't just force her out. In other words, my life is in rough shape right now. This woman spent 40,000 dollars of my inheritance in three months, on a trip to Ca. , with the kids, to stay with her mom while I eas having a 2nd story put on the house. But I loved her, and couldn't say no. I was also in love with the idea of marriage lasting forever. It noe all comes back to haunt me. There are no easy answers, though there are andwers. It's just a wuestion if she will work with me. I anticipate that she will fight me tooth and na to stay in that home. I may just have to get it condemed to force her out of it. My mind has been racing all night, complety depriving me of sleep. It's going to be a long day, and with dyalisis.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well Chief, you could look at it this way.

She has a choice,
1. buy you out.
2. live in a condemned home that you will not repair anymore.
3. #2 plus wait for the city to condemn it and force her out.
4. Offer for the apartment or small home still stands.

Her choice?

and yep, hugs from me too - I wish I had the perfect answer.

That's quite a rock and a hard place that you are stuck between, Chief. I have no answers, but I will keep you in my prayers for you to find a solution that works for you.

Those are the simple phones that are targeted for old, non-tech smart people. I'm not that bad yet. ;)

The new phone and I are still in the getting-to-know-you phase. I still haven't found how to turn off all of the chirps and beeps for notifications. I do know that shouting "shut UP!" doesn't work.

Those are the simple phones that are targeted for old, non-tech smart people. I'm not that bad yet. ;)

The new phone and I are still in the getting-to-know-you phase. I still haven't found how to turn off all of the chirps and beeps for notifications. I do know that shouting "shut UP!" doesn't work.

:LOL: Bahaha

My phone started talking to me. I refuse to have Google Assistant. My phone wants me to talk to it. I don't think so. If I give it permission to listen, how am I supposed to know that someone didn't get bored at work at Google and decide to listen in on random people's phones? Anyways, I shouted something rude at the phone. Nothing happened. It kept talking at me. Then, I went and typed in my rude reply. "Okay, I'll go away."

taxy - that's too funny! wish I'd thought of that. I just used to do as CG.
Once a friend and I were discussing just how automatic phones could be and I mentioned mine was always "listening" to me. Even when I thought I had found the answer to shut it off.

We got into how "big brother" is always spying on us and what that could and would imply... heavy discussion, very paranoid. When my phone, sitting on the counter, suddenly said,

"I'm sorry, I did not catch that. Could you please repeat it?"

and CG - been a month now and have still not figured out either my phone or coputer.

I loathe my flip phone. Loathe is one step above hate, and the darn thing is almost impossible to navigate. It has lots of little symbols that don't mean a thing to me. What happened to "on" and "off"? I can place a call (rare occurrence) and read left messages (even rarer). That's all I need and more than I want.

I didn't want this phone, and was relatively happy with my old flipper. But, in its wisdom, the provider decided I needed a new one. "Big Brother, Big Manager" and I don't have a brother nor do I like being managed!
By the way, I also do not like the color of the phone.

I do like my smart phone. I like that it connects to my laptop and that I can take pictures with it and they transfer to my laptop automatically. I like that I can select music and it transfers from my laptop to the phone so I can listen to it. I like that I can follow DC on my phone and order e-books from the library from my phone. I could go on.

I don't like lengthy texting from my phone as my old arthritic fingers don't type well. But I can text from my computer . . .

Cooking Goddess, We only switched to a 'smart phone' recently. In settings, there are notifications for each app (a lot of apps), and a slider bar to turn off each notification. I only want notification of voicemail, phone calls, texts, and once a day weather. It turned everything else off. I hope you can make yours stop beeping/making noise.
Andy, mr bliss also does not text, but there is a button for 'voice to text', instead, and if he talks into it, it writes the text for him.....I've tried it too, it's pretty accurate and easier than texting with fingers.

...Andy, mr bliss also does not text, but there is a button for 'voice to text', instead, and if he talks into it, it writes the text for him.....I've tried it too, it's pretty accurate and easier than texting with fingers.

The "auto correct" feature is good but does make mistakes that you have to go back and correct. I often use voice to text but prefer to type out conversations.

My daughter uses a modified form of typing where you slide a finger along the keyboard from letter to letter to spell a word. I have not mastered that.

Progress report: we aren't best friends yet, but our relationship is improving. This is my fourth(?) smart phone, so I'm not a novice by any means. Long ago when Himself was still working he needed to buy a new phone. Verizon, our provider at the time, had a BOGO offer. When he asked which one I wanted, I said I was getting the same model he was. That way he could figure it out and teach me. While all of my apps and everything else transferred fine, it's just a bother to have to take all the time to make sure all settings and sounds are the way I want them. It seems everything has a default setting to "annoy". I'm also going from a Motorola phone back to a Samsung. Different manufacturer, different button placement.

[emoji38] Bahaha

My phone started talking to me. I refuse to have Google Assistant. My phone wants me to talk to it. I don't think so. If I give it permission to listen, how am I supposed to know that someone didn't get bored at work at Google and decide to listen in on random people's phones? Anyways, I shouted something rude at the phone. Nothing happened. It kept talking at me. Then, I went and typed in my rude reply. "Okay, I'll go away."

taxy, that is hilarious!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom