Petty Vents II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that OneDishKitchen actually does give alternatives. at least I think it's her. So even though she is supported by these various companies, she kindly gives alternatives. Kudos to her! But the others could up their popularity by following suit.

My favourite Pumpkin spice is in a pumpkin pie - no where else, not coffee, not candles, not air freshners, not toilet paper. Just pie.

oops, almost forgot - yes, I have a beautiful recipe for pumpkin squares with creme cheese frosting - WOW yummy (and freezable)

I accidentally bought some lavender scented TP once. Made me gag every time I had to go it was so strong. I was SO glad to use up that package!
If that happens again, send it to my MIL! She'll love it. I'm telling you, it is very difficult to visit her with all the smells going. And, she loves to stash those dryer sheets all over the house. I use the wool balls in the dryer, love them!

I think a long time ago there was a baby powder scented toilet paper bathroom tissue. :shifty: Or maybe that should go in the "I'm so Old I remember" thread. :LOL:

Enough already with "pumpkin spice" everything! A big coffee shop chain is advertising "pumpkin spice latte" available for a limited time only. I'd hope! The limited time should be 10 minutes.
Pumpkin spice air freshener? Why should a home smell like the inside of a pie?
What is next, pumpkin spice toilet paper?
I hate all things pumpkin. Nauseating.

Enough already with "pumpkin spice" everything! A big coffee shop chain is advertising "pumpkin spice latte" available for a limited time only. I'd hope! The limited time should be 10 minutes.
Pumpkin spice air freshener? Why should a home smell like the inside of a pie?
What is next, pumpkin spice toilet paper?
Shhh! You'll give someone ideas! 🤣

SO was in the process of making brownies and apple crisp this morning. When she went to put the first container into the oven she was surprised to find the oven had not preheated. I checked it too and realized it had failed.

This has happened before. There is a "regulator?" or something that fails periodically. So I contacted my favorite appliance guy. Last time it failed was 8 years ago. He'll be here Tuesday morning to fix it.

Oh, BTW, SO baked her apple crisp in the air fryer and brownies in the toaster oven.

Well, the reviews are pretty bad for the app, so I'm going to hold off. I haven't needed it until now, so it's not that important to me.
Thanks. So, if your computer was in the shop and you needed a file, would you be able to get it that file using some other computer?

SO was in the process of making brownies and apple crisp this morning. When she went to put the first container into the oven she was surprised to find the oven had not preheated. I checked it too and realized it had failed.

This has happened before. There is a "regulator?" or something that fails periodically. So I contacted my favorite appliance guy. Last time it failed was 8 years ago. He'll be here Tuesday morning to fix it . . .
Our oven is back in full operation. It was an ingniter not a regulator. Turns out as it was beginning to fail it impacted how some of SO's baked goods were not cooking properly and why the oven took so long to preheat.

Our oven is back in full operation. It was an ingniter not a regulator. Turns out as it was beginning to fail it impacted how some of SO's baked goods were not cooking properly and why the oven took so long to preheat.
Glad you've found the problem and got the fix too! Here's to better baking now!
graphics-wine-027443.gif

OMG.... as soon as I started thinking about nothing - of course it came back!

HOW DO YOU GET RID OF AN EARWIG!!!!????

Been more than a month now and it won't go away, I try humming other tunes but when I'm not looking it pops back in.

Dinah Shore - See the USA in your Chevrolet! La da da, da da, da da, da da dahhhh!!

ok, looked up the lyrics, don't know if she sang the whole 1st verse but ...

See the USA in your Chevrolet
America's asking you to call
Drive your Chevrolet through the USA
America's the greatest land of all

and I want you guys to remember I'm Canadian! ***disclaimer.. content is for informational purposes only and not necessarily promoting our neighbour to the south. ahem... although they're pretty nice guys when you get to know them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom