'National Honey Bee Day' Saturday August 17, '24 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
What was for dinner at your home?
Did you use any honey?

We had tortilla pinwheels, ww tortillas, hummus and sweet potatoes spread on them, topped with 3 colors of peppers, yellow zucchini, cucumber, carrots, and pickles. No honey.
foodgardenaugust-007.jpg

No honey for dinner, but I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, with some tupelo honey (my favorite that I've ever had), and that was before I knew about the Honey Bee day!

Later today, a friend visited me, because she came out here from Arizona for the first time in 6 or 7 years (?), and a Niece of hers was married last week. When asked if there was anything she wanted me to make, there were two things I make countless times, that obviously made an impression on her - that lentil salad, and that pasta salad, both made with raw tomatoes in large quantities. I made the simplified version of the dish, without the olives, capers, and anchovies, because I wasn't sure if she was "watching her salt", and those would not be good for anyone doing that! Turns out she is, but not too much, so I gave her some of that kalamata olive paste, to stir in what she could handle. She liked it so much, she wanted to buy some from me! I gave her a jar of it, but told her I can't be blamed for any future salt problems she has! :LOL:

We had some of that lentil salad earlier, then I made the pasta salad later, and some brownies for dessert. I only ate a couple, and gave her the remainder to take with her - what I always do with brownies, otherwise, I would eat them quickly.
3 more lbs of tomatoes cut up, for the simpler version of that hot pasta on the raw tomatoes - my friend visiting requested this, too. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A cup of chana dal, and half cup of whole oats, cooked together, like I did for the last pasta salad by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Simplified raw tomato pasta salad, requested by a visiting friend, along with that lentil salad. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Didn't feel very motivated about making supper, so I fried up a bunch of mushrooms, while a package of merguez sausages were defrosting in a bowl of cold water. I also had a couple of dolmades out of a can. I had been eyeing that can for a few days and finally today, there was a good spot in the fridge where I could put the open can of dolmades. That turned out very tasty.

As much as I wish I was at Andy's house for dinner, I managed to have a pretty good meal. I made one of my mini pizzas. Just sauce and cheese, a little black pepper, plus an abundance of basil from my backyard potted basil plant (from now on, I will be growing my basil in a pot that I can move around).

1724010906359.jpeg

Oh, I also had a non-alcohol beer. As much as I trash Corona beer, they have a non alcohol beer now that tastes almost exactly like real beer.

CD

Last edited:
As much as I wish I was at Andy's house for dinner, I managed to have a pretty good meal. I made one of my mini pizzas. Just sauce and cheese, a little black pepper, plus an abundance of basil from my backyard potted basil plant (from now on, I will be growing my basil in a pot that I can move around).

View attachment 70375

Oh, I also had a non-alcohol beer. As much as I trash Corona beer, they have a non alcohol beer now that tastes almost exactly like real beer.

CD

That's a nice looking pizza.

That's a nice looking pizza.

Super easy, too. Pre-made crust -- Simple Truth Organic brand from Kroger. Some no-salt added Hunt's tomato sauce, with my added herbs and spices. Tilamook shredded mozzarella. Fresh basil from my garden, and a drizzle of EVOO. Twelve minutes in a 400F oven. Done. I love how it tastes, and I can knock it together in no time, with minimal effort.

CD

Back
Top Bottom