Monday Oct 14, '24 Did you enjoy dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was planning to have some kind of supper salad. Then, I went for my walk at around 17h (5PM). It was 7°C (44°) and very lightly raining. It was the kind of damp chill that crawls in under your clothes. So, I wanted something warm for supper. I fried the last chicken egg, it's the one with the broken yolk, and a duck egg. I toasted some rugbrød (heavy Danish style rye bread) and put the creton on the table to spread on the rugbrød. I made a salad of lettuce, cauliflower, a radish, some orange sweet pepper, and two kinds of olives. I dressed it with some of my batch vinaigrette. I had a glass of milk. That hit the spot.

2024-10-14 Eggs, creton, rugbrød, and a salad.jpg

I hope everyone's Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner and long weekend were full of good food, family and friends!

I had some Pork Belly with the new rub I got from a vendor outside the grocers on Sat. Bought 2 of the "Cluck & Squeal" rubs. One for ribs, the one I had tasted at their stand. Another I got is for chicken/shrimp. Will try that next.

The rub was delicious, unfortunately my Pork Belly had not been wrapped proper for the freezer. Tasted blechy, ate half, tossed the other half.
I had bought the Pork Belly for a recipe I never made, then forgotten, only to be reminded every time I rummaged thru the freezer. I never could find the recipe again. So good thing is, one less item in the freezer, knowledge how to use belly next time, and satisfaction the rub is as good as sampled.

I hope everyone's Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner and long weekend were full of good food, family and friends!

I had some Pork Belly with the new rub I got from a vendor outside the grocers on Sat. Bought 2 of the "Cluck & Squeal" rubs. One for ribs, the one I had tasted at their stand. Another I got is for chicken/shrimp. Will try that next.

The rub was delicious, unfortunately my Pork Belly had not been wrapped proper for the freezer. Tasted blechy, ate half, tossed the other half.
I had bought the Pork Belly for a recipe I never made, then forgotten, only to be reminded every time I rummaged thru the freezer. I never could find the recipe again. So good thing is, one less item in the freezer, knowledge how to use belly next time, and satisfaction the rub is as good as sampled.

Happy Thanksgiving... eh? (y)

Sounds like you need to ask Santa for a Foodsaver vacuum sealer for Christmas. ;)

LOL, thanks casey. I did have one but sold it when I moved. My DIL has one that I can use. But... that being said, I am not going to haul it out, set it up, try to remember how it works, getting it wrong, ruining a few bags, and finally getting it right. ...for a single pkg of meat.
I used my own for when I bought large pieces and broke them down into various cuts. It didn't sit on the counter where you could just reach over and poof! done.
I actually have a sealer I purchased waaay before those fancy ones came out. At one time the little vacuum "sort of" sucked the air out (it got a hole in the tube) and then sealed it but not very well. I still use it to this day. Must be almost 40 years old. Mainly for things like Chip bags, bread divided for the freezer, little things where air is not an issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom