Looking for some easy vegan recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi maja!

This is me... A bowl hearty vegetable stew served on rice or grain. Flavors would mirror known likes.

By hearty stew I mean every veg. I have. I would use Marmite as primary source of salt instead of using all white salt. I would probably include a roasted veg. for the flavor, like roasting the Peppers or Aubergines. Charred onion is another good one for me.

I would pick a grain like bulgar wheat or Buckwheat Groats (Something with some chew). The easiest would be couscous and lead me to Harissa and north African spices. I would not use white rice...

If you don't like the broth aspect, same veg. and grain done as a stir fry.

Here are a few ideas for your flavoring desires...

Asian versions- use that nub of fresh ginger, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, Green Onions, Coconut milk, etc.

Mexican version- A toasted corn chip or two broken into the broth to disintegrate for the flavor, Adobo, Chipotle, Oregano, Fresh/dried Chiles, Fresh Lime, etc.

Italian- Basil, Oregano, Garlic, Tomato, pasta or beans, Parmesan, pesto, etc

Greek- Fresh Lemon, Orzo, Spinach, Feta, Olives, Capers, etc.

Arabian/North Africa- ras el hanout spice blend, harissa, Cumin, cinnamon, Coriander seed, etc.

India- curry powder and diced Apples, Coconut milk, Yogurt, etc.

Cuban- Black beans, Oregano, Cumin, Sofrito, etc.

Poland- Mushrooms, potatoes, Marjoram, Cabbage, etc.

Just have some fun with it and remember... You can always add more, but it's tough to recover from "Oops, I added too much"!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom