Help with finding an easy Spanish dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had no idea gazpacho was Spain in origin. I, for some reason, thought it was French. Probably because I always make gazpacho alongside Viccissoise, as they're both chilled and I like having one for lunch or one for supper during the hot months.

Tarta de Santiago from spain.
tarta-de-Santiago-photo-1.jpg

• 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar (caster sugar is better, if possible)
  • 2 cups almond flour (or ground almonds)
  • 1 lemon zest ie from 1 lemon
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar approx, to dust (icing sugar)
I just wanted to let you know that I made this cake for the party (complete with the Cross of St. James that my artistic son stenciled for me) and it was a hit! Everyone loved it and it turned out absolutely delicious.

This recipe is a keeper. I will definitely be making it again in the future.

Thanks so much!

I hope those are the rotting tomatoes, from the canning factories.
My understanding is that they are the oldest fruit remaining at the end of the season and are unlikely to be used for consumption. That’s why they splatt so well 🤣
Actually, I would love to participate in this event - I think it would be riotous fun!!

My son has a party to go to this Friday evening where everyone brings a dish from a country they have been assigned. He got Spain. I know nothing of Spanish cooking, unless you count packets of Spanish rice you can buy in the store. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what I'm going to send with him to this party. I only have until Friday to figure it out. I've searched for "easy Spanish recipes" but none of them look easy to me. Paella? Forget it. Fancy Spanish desserts? Nope. Most all of them I've found, I'm like "Nope nope and nope."

Not to mention I'm dealing with awful sciatic nerve pain and can't stand in the kitchen for too long before having to go sit down. So this is becoming a nightmare for me. I don't want to just send him with nothing in hand.

The party coordinator has said to bring anything, even if it's something premade. But I don't know of any grocery stores that sell frozen Spanish dishes. Lots of Mexican foods, but not Spanish.

Is there anything uncomplicated that I could make? I'm at a complete and total loss.
My son has a party to go to this Friday evening where everyone brings a dish from a country they have been assigned. He got Spain. I know nothing of Spanish cooking, unless you count packets of Spanish rice you can buy in the store. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what I'm going to send with him to this party. I only have until Friday to figure it out. I've searched for "easy Spanish recipes" but none of them look easy to me. Paella? Forget it. Fancy Spanish desserts? Nope. Most all of them I've found, I'm like "Nope nope and nope."

Not to mention I'm dealing with awful sciatic nerve pain and can't stand in the kitchen for too long before having to go sit down. So this is becoming a nightmare for me. I don't want to just send him with nothing in hand.

The party coordinator has said to bring anything, even if it's something premade. But I don't know of any grocery stores that sell frozen Spanish dishes. Lots of Mexican foods, but not Spanish.

Is there anything uncomplicated that I could make? I'm at a complete and total loss.
hey! you can cook Gazpacho its a cold soup recipe, very easy and tastes good as well. it takes no time and tastes good, you don't have to suffer and stand in the kitchen for long, very basic recipe with few ingredient that are easily available at home- 2 cups diced tomatoes, 1 cup diced cucumbers, 1/2 cup diced bell peppers, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, Salt and pepper, cook it all then blend and serve chilled.
I hope you like it!

hey! you can cook Gazpacho its a cold soup recipe, very easy and tastes good as well. it takes no time and tastes good, you don't have to suffer and stand in the kitchen for long, very basic recipe with few ingredient that are easily available at home- 2 cups diced tomatoes, 1 cup diced cucumbers, 1/2 cup diced bell peppers, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, Salt and pepper, cook it all then blend and serve chilled.
I hope you like it!
Thank you for the suggestion, but the party was last month ;)

Back
Top Bottom