Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fully automatic versions look pretty impressive.

CD
I agree - the full automatic version has a lot of bells and whistles, and is probably the greatest version for who just want to press a button and receive a coffee! Great!
For me personally, I worked in the industry before being able to make a good coffee didn’t involve having a scruffy beard, multiple tattoos and a man-bun.

I love good coffee- I try all kinds of beans and I want to make my coffee the way that I like it.
Semiautomatic for me 🫠

Just arrived! One of the very first in Australia to receive mine.

KitchenAid has just entered the home/small business coffee machine market. There are three new machines available - semiautomatic (mine) , automatic and fully automatic.
I really don’t like the automatic coffee machine because I prefer to have my own control over how I make my coffee.

View attachment 70744

KitchenAid has always been a favourite brand for me - I have a lot of their products and they have always been very well made and very reliable. YMMV.

I don’t know where they are up to in terms of distribution to other countries yet, but it’s a beautiful machine, makes great coffee (most importantly) and are reasonably priced if you’re looking for something more than a cheap coffee machine.
$1000AUD
$1000 for a coffee maker. WOW

I agree - the full automatic version has a lot of bells and whistles, and is probably the greatest version for who just want to press a button and receive a coffee! Great!
For me personally, I worked in the industry before being able to make a good coffee didn’t involve having a scruffy beard, multiple tattoos and a man-bun.

I love good coffee- I try all kinds of beans and I want to make my coffee the way that I like it.
Semiautomatic for me 🫠
Can't wait to hear what you think of the coffee it makes. Do you like darker or lighter roasts in general?

$1000 for a coffee maker. WOW
Yeah, my hosts had to teach me how to use their $1500 Italian machine before they left. woof! not for me thanks. I'll stick with my good ol' Black and Decker.

:whistling I might not talk about cost of espresso machines.

To be honest, I was a little surprised that $1000 for a coffee machine was seen as expensive. Especially since it is KitchenAid, who aren’t known for cheap.
There are many very beautiful Italian machines that start at many multiple thousands (see: Expobar)

@FrankZ - I like a strong espresso in the morning, so I generally use a lighter roast. A very widespread belief is that the darker the roast, the stronger the coffee. This is untrue. A good coffee isn’t that hard to make if you pay attention to all the variables - beans, grind, extraction, quality water etc.

@FrankZ - I like a strong espresso in the morning, so I generally use a lighter roast. A very widespread belief is that the darker the roast, the stronger the coffee. This is untrue. A good coffee isn’t that hard to make if you pay attention to all the variables - beans, grind, extraction, quality water etc.
I tend to not be a huge fan of the flavors in lighter roasts, so I tend toward medium dark. I just make more so I get my caffeine fix.

I can forgive most things, but poor coffee is not one.
I spent some years in catering and the coffee we served was deplorable. I think my GM probably still has nightmares about me ragging on to him about please please please let us serve better coffee.

BTW - my new machine makes excellent coffee, but perhaps one downside is that it is definitely designed for the coffee novice. There’s a button for everything, which makes it easy for everyone. I generally prefer to have to put a little bit of work into a good cup, but this is a very small niggle.

To be honest, I was a little surprised that $1000 for a coffee machine was seen as expensive. Especially since it is KitchenAid, who aren’t known for cheap.
There are many very beautiful Italian machines that start at many multiple thousands (see: Expobar)

I was certainly surprised by the price of that coffee machine, especially since it's a KitchenAid. Seemed like quite the bargain to me.

I have a couple of friends who have become addicted to the Jura, fully automatic espresso makers. One of the friends recently upgraded one that had been bought for close to CAD$2,000 about 15 years ago. That machine makes a good espresso, but it wasn't as good as the more hands on espresso machine that I had. (I still have it, but it needs a tune up and some repair or a new gasket.)

Come to think of it - I don't really categorize coffee and espresso in the same category - other than a drink.
When I think of espresso I think 'trattoria' - sitting outside in the sun at a small round table watching nonna or a giovane ragazzo leading a laden donkey to the market.

Come to think of it - I don't really categorize coffee and espresso in the same category - other than a drink.
When I think of espresso I think 'trattoria' - sitting outside in the sun at a small round table watching nonna or a giovane ragazzo leading a laden donkey to the market.
My donkey won’t move without a decent espresso in her.

Back
Top Bottom