Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does look something like that. I don't cook ground beef that way often so I really shouldn't have bought it, . . . but.
It also breaks down tomatoes for sauce very easily. I also used it to break up/shred the cooked pork for carnitas.

A friend had one - I wasn't comfortable with it, she loves it. I like my old way. Two flat edged wood spatulas, one in either hand and karate chop around the pan. I can make the pieces big or small. Lift and toss at the same time. Use the spatulas for stirring along the way anyhow so why not!
Rachel R. once showed using a potato masher for it but I found it uncomfotable like those fin things. I have two mashers - one a circle with a grid like squares and one heavy gauge zig-zag style. Didn't enjoy using them either... guess it's 'old dog' syndrome.

I recently broke down and bought a curiosity item I'd seen used in coking videos. A ground meat masher. It's supposed to work better than a spatula or similar. It was cheap, less than $10. so I ordered one to satisfy my curiosity, and because I hate having to break up ground beef in a skillet.

I bought one a few months back, but haven't had an opportunity to use it, yet.

CD

Got One! and I love it. Very handy, nice and compact, no electricity, and most importantly it does small paring knives. Had I known the large electric one I got did not do paring knives I rather think I would not have bought it. Think it might stay in the cupboard for a while.
Thank You msmofet!

1725891008219.png
Kitchen Tongs 10 and 12" Black Stainless Steel. On special for less than $10.00! I usually use Chop Sticks but lately my arthritis has been interfering so got these and they are perfect!
Love them.

I bought a kitchen tong because it looked like it would be better for some things than regular tongs. They were so stiff they we very difficult too manipulate. They are now in a box of misfit toys in the basement.

That's too bad Andy. My first experience with them was a plastic one. Pretty good in length and flexibility but I didn't find the ends pointy/flat enough and regular tongs were better. Plastic one is ... somewhere?
But these are great, flip mushroom slices with no problem.

I just received a new coffee scale. My old was Brewista Smart Scale II decided to not charge, and as it is down to two bars and stops working when it hit one bar I needed a replacement.

We will see if I like this one, I need to get a few shots on it to get used to the different personality.

Got One! and I love it. Very handy, nice and compact, no electricity, and most importantly it does small paring knives. Had I known the large electric one I got did not do paring knives I rather think I would not have bought it. Think it might stay in the cupboard for a while.
Thank You msmofet!
You're welcome. I like that I can also sharpen serrated knives and scissors.

Just arrived! One of the very first in Australia to receive mine.

KitchenAid has just entered the home/small business coffee machine market. There are three new machines available - semiautomatic (mine) , automatic and fully automatic.
I really don’t like the automatic coffee machine because I prefer to have my own control over how I make my coffee.

IMG_0779.jpeg

KitchenAid has always been a favourite brand for me - I have a lot of their products and they have always been very well made and very reliable. YMMV.

I don’t know where they are up to in terms of distribution to other countries yet, but it’s a beautiful machine, makes great coffee (most importantly) and are reasonably priced if you’re looking for something more than a cheap coffee machine.
$1000AUD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom