I'm So Old That I Remember...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my mother married my stepfather they bought a small bungalow, similar to this one.

View attachment 66004
It was an Aladdin Readi-cut mail order home that came precut and was assembled like a conventional stick built home.

The kitchen had a wall hung white porcelain sink with three faucets. Hot, cold, cistern. The cistern was a copper lined wooden tank in the attic that collected rainwater from the roof and gravity fed to the kitchen sink.

The tank had been stripped and sold for scrap by the time we came along and the faucet had been disconnected but not removed.
I would love to have one of those today! It sounds very modern for its time.

I've watched them all over and over except I don't like some of the older episodes. And there are a few hillbilly episodes that I just can't hardly stand to listen to while others don't bother me.
We have daily gunsmoke followed by high chaparral then bonanza.
All childhood faves of mine.
And some lone ranger as well.

Russ

We have daily gunsmoke followed by high chaparral then bonanza.
All childhood faves of mine.
And some lone ranger as well.

Russ
I got started watching Gunsmoke reruns during covid and honestly it's the only thing that kept me from getting bored.

I watch Gunsmoke multiple episodes pretty much daily. I watch rawhide and Tales of Wells Fargo and some Laramie. When I get Western overload then I go watch the ID channel. Not really that much different!

I remember when the youths weren't glued to their screens all the dang time!!!
I'm 70. I think one reason I'm enjoying this so much now is because I was not one of those kids who was glued to the TV all the time. I just got a taste of TV but missed a lot. I was out tooling around on my horse or motor scooter.

I remember when newscasters just reported the news. They didn't indulge in chitchat, they had voices that didn't sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, and they didn't giggle. Watching the local evening news is sometimes painful, always irritating.
Amen! Give me old Walter Crankcase!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom