Has anyone found and/or tried the dry Stouffer's mac and cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought about putting a small box into the freezer to contain the chicken breasts and other small meat packages, but my freezer is too small for that. So what I do is stack stuff like the hamburger and take anything in boxes out, then stuff the chicken breasts around the corners of food. Of course, when I need something, I have to empty out half the freezer to find it.

Same thing with my pantry. Just trying to find the honey last night and the corn starch tonight was a major battle.
That's a major drain of energy for me. I am all too familiar with that scenario. It makes it take a lot longer to prep the food, when you have to play hide and seek with your ingredients. Yeah, sure that recipe will be read in 20 minutes. It might take me that long to get all the ingredients out.

That's a major drain of energy for me. I am all too familiar with that scenario. It makes it take a lot longer to prep the food, when you have to play hide and seek with your ingredients. Yeah, sure that recipe will be read in 20 minutes. It might take me that long to get all the ingredients out.

My fridge and pantry are pretty easy... especially my pantry, which is large and well organized. The freezer is a lot tougher, because frozen foods in vacuum seal bags don't stack well, so when I pull one thing out, four things slide off onto the floor.

Pantry (there is more to the right of this picture).

1728370580829.jpeg

CD

One reason I've lost a great part of my oomph for cooking is due to the very reason taxy mentions. Hide & Seek. Also distance to travel for seeking ingredients. Sink (think laundry tub) is also distant to actual cooking. Boiling water for potatoes, pasta, etc, takes planning and timing for carrying pot of boiling water a distance, draining it, returning it. Ditto for pantry items.

The frozen meals sections at the grocery stores are actually starting to look pretty good to me.

One reason I've lost a great part of my oomph for cooking is due to the very reason taxy mentions. Hide & Seek. Also distance to travel for seeking ingredients. Sink (think laundry tub) is also distant to actual cooking. Boiling water for potatoes, pasta, etc, takes planning and timing for carrying pot of boiling water a distance, draining it, returning it. Ditto for pantry items.

The frozen meals sections at the grocery stores are actually starting to look pretty good to me.
I don’t cook very often anymore and when I do I tend to overeat.

I find the prepared frozen single serve options to be best for me. 🐷🐷🐷

For the hot water situation, I would try pouring the boiling water into a mop bucket and carrying it to the sink after it had a chance to cool.

Back
Top Bottom