Has anyone found and/or tried the dry Stouffer's mac and cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
Apparently they have a "dry" version of their mac and cheese out, sort of like the Kraft mac and cheese in a box. It comes with its own cheese pouch, so you don't have to add milk to it. It's supposed to be new and according to the review, it's also supposed to be very good. I just haven't found it yet. I was wondering if anyone here had tried it.

I've never seen it. I buy the single serving cups.

1727844919676.png

CD

Apparently they have a "dry" version of their mac and cheese out, sort of like the Kraft mac and cheese in a box. It comes with its own cheese pouch, so you don't have to add milk to it. It's supposed to be new and according to the review, it's also supposed to be very good. I just haven't found it yet. I was wondering if anyone here had tried it.
I really liked the taste-the cheese sauce is rich, and the pasta is just right: not too soft and not too hard. Plus, they fill you up well, so you can eat without spending too much time cooking.

I've never seen it. I buy the single serving cups.

View attachment 70914

CD
Where did you find the cups? I've never seen those.

I haven’t seen it yet but at $3.99 I’ll probably stick with the frozen version unless I have a double coupon.
Those boxes look like they make a lot of macaroni and cheese and right now, the small frozen dinner of Stouffer's man and cheese is going for $3.99. I'd like to get the boxes simply because of how small my freezer is. It would be one less thing to have in the freezer.

I just went to the grocery store yesterday and I'm still playing Jenga with everything in the fridge and freezer. I have to eat my frozen food so I can fit in the hamburger and other meats I got, which are still in the fridge tonight. I'm not looking forward to bagging all that meat and trying to figure out how to stack it so it'll stay put when I open the freezer door.

Where did you find the cups? I've never seen those.

Not every grocery store/chain carries them. I get them at Kroger, but even there, they don't always have them. When I see them, I buy a bunch to keep in the freezer. They are perfect for my "grazing" days.

CD

That's a good idea. I need to find (or make) some boxes that perfectly fit my freezer shelves, so when I am looking for something, I can pull one box at a time out of the freezer and search it while it is sitting on a countertop. Nothing ends up on the floor.

CD

That's a good idea. I need to find (or make) some boxes that perfectly fit my freezer shelves, so when I am looking for something, I can pull one box at a time out of the freezer and search it while it is sitting on a countertop. Nothing ends up on the floor.

CD
The $tore has plastic dishpans that would be a good option in a full size freezer.
1728288072681.jpeg

I use a smaller plastic shoebox without the lid in my refrigerator’s freezer compartment.

So, I guess I'm not the only one who has freezer avalanches. I have to serious consider finding some sort of box that would work temporarily. Since I can't find a lot of the stuff in my freezer, I end up buying more and have doubles and maybe triples of some things. With one or two boxes, that don't have to fit perfectly in the first iteration, I might be able to find the stuff, so that I can actually start getting that freezer emptied or, you know, at least not stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom