Grinding turkey meat..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
when i go to the butcher. how many passes should i ask the ground turkey to be grounded? one or two?
should i use only dark turkey or mix with turkey breast half and half?

tnx in advance from israel!

What are you going to use the ground turkey for? And it will depend on how fine the butcher grinds it. One option is to ask the butcher what they recommend for whatever it is you are making.

i usually make patties in sauce
but sometimes i brown and crumble it to pieces and put in sauce.

maybe others will benefit from a clarification on this too.

i think dark meat only is better in texture and taste.....
for how fine to ground it.... i think that one pass is enough and it is quicker than two too..

I imagine that commercial meat grinders have a variety of plates, with different sizes of holes. Certainly every meat griner I have owned has had at least two plates with different sized holes. That can also make a difference to how fine the meat is ground.

Seeing to believe - I don't think anyone can really answer that for you. It depends entirely on what you personally prefer.
How have you had it done before?
Have you tried it in different ways?
think those are the questions you need to ask yourself.

I imagine that commercial meat grinders have a variety of plates, with different sizes of holes. Certainly every meat griner I have owned has had at least two plates with different sized holes. That can also make a difference to how fine the meat is ground.
it is fairly rare for butchers here to change the plates. they use the regular plate.
and for good reason.

as i said i think i will ask for one pass.
it takes less time and i guess the results are good.

dark only is tastier but more expnsive.

Back
Top Bottom