First Sausage Rolls ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The recipe noted above is ROLLED and that is similar to the one I used. Not everyone is skilled at or has someone who is to teach them the traditional way. And I did pull it toward the end, but first it was rolled.

BTW, commercial phyllo found in supermarkets is not pulled, it's sheeted with rollers.
yeh i notice its not as thin as hand pulled, some places still pull it.

From the sounds of it I don't have a choice? I have nothing to wrap it in at the moment. What do you suggest?

They sound great - I like that idea (y)

But, how do I save the half sheet in the meantime ?

Ahh, it's about 3" wide and about 10" long so yeah, I could get into a ziplock bag - good idea, cheers (y)

Ahh, it's about 3" wide and about 10" long so yeah, I could get into a ziplock bag - good idea, cheers (y)
If any part of it might have to be folded over to fit, you could use a bit of plastic to separate so it doesn't stick together? Sorry, I don't have much experience with that kind of thing.

Thanks mate - I'll find away to keep it all seperated and also fit - I have some [pretty big zip lock bags :)

Do you have a Dollar Tree? They sell those extra large bags for $1.25 per box (I think there might be 6-8 per box). I know that at regular stores they are more like $3 or more per box.

Also have to admit that I kindalike them for some things, zip lock bags for instant :) Not to mention cleaning products, kitchen utensils and so forth :) Oh and Cat Food too :)

Cut into slices sprinkle with cheese (parmasan). Twist, Bake = cheese twists or twizzlers. Yummy snack.

Could just sprinkle with salt or some herbs.

NOTE: parchment paper can be re-used many, many times.
I've used it over 400 degree F but edges might get a little "toasted" shall we say?
It is possible to burn it and best to keep any overhang or previously burnt bits trimmed away.

ANOTHER NOTE: for newbies, where previously mentioned in this thread "dead horse", is I believe, aussie slang for ketchup.

In my rather humble opinion a crude and very unappetizing term. Sorry guys, I would probably push my plate away if it was used constantly at the table. But that's just my personal opinion.

Cut into slices sprinkle with cheese (parmasan). Twist, Bake = cheese twists or twizzlers. Yummy snack.

Could just sprinkle with salt or some herbs.

NOTE: parchment paper can be re-used many, many times.
I've used it over 400 degree F but edges might get a little "toasted" shall we say?
It is possible to burn it and best to keep any overhang or previously burnt bits trimmed away.

ANOTHER NOTE: for newbies, where previously mentioned in this thread "dead horse", is I believe, aussie slang for ketchup.

In my rather humble opinion a crude and very unappetizing term. Sorry guys, I would probably push my plate away if it was used constantly at the table. But that's just my personal opinion.

i tried that with mozzarella, they came out black as coal.

Here yuh go... straight from Tenderflake
Oven at 375 f (190 c)
Roll out your pastry, brush lightly with an egg/water mix, sprinkle with a mix of gruyere and parm (2 to 1), a bit of basil, salt ' n pepper. Press lightly into the dough.
Cut into strips (use a pizza wheel!). Twist, place on parchment.
Bake about 10 or 15 minutes, until lightly browned.

That's one of the reasons I bought some ready made puff pastry. But, the instructions say to let it thaw in the fridge overnight. That's not gonna help with getting that sudden craving dealt with soon. It's one of the reasons that danged puff pastry has been sitting in my freezer for many months. :(

I've quick thawed puff pastry before, and it worked out fine.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom