Dinner Thursday, June 13, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Too hot today, so I made Instant Pot beef stew.

beef_stew_061324_1_IMG_2732.jpg

was thinking Shepherd's Pie but pooped out after the Y, getting some toner for the printer, shopping for some chicken (got some good deals!). But I also happened to buy some Hot Dogs. While prepping to freeze, managed to eat two - guess that was supper. Sigh...

was thinking Shepherd's Pie but pooped out after the Y, getting some toner for the printer, shopping for some chicken (got some good deals!). But I also happened to buy some Hot Dogs. While prepping to freeze, managed to eat two - guess that was supper. Sigh...

Noting wrong with hot dogs. I get a craving for a good dog from time-to-time.

CD

i ended up having to go north to Silverdale today, so I took the back back way home. Forty-five minutes there, two and a half hours home. But it made for a beautiful drive. I got a late lunch and ate it on the bridge, looking at the sea, the mountains, and the forest.

So tonight I just cooked all five chicken breasts that I had and chopped them up and put them into freezer bags. I kept some out and put the rest in the freezer.

I'm still pretty full from lunch, so I don't know if I'll eat or not but if I do, I'm going to make a chicken Caesar wrap. Some of that chopped chicken, some lettuce, maybe some chopped tomatoes and Caesar dressing on a warm tortilla, then roll and eat.

casey, not saying there was anything wrong with hot dogs - just not what I'd planned (a mini shepherd's pie). LOL

I was just trying to make you feel better. You seemed so disappointed. ;)

I almost picked up some hot dogs, buns and sauerkraut yesterday at HEB, for some NYC street dogs. I talked myself out of it. Now I wish I would have bought them.

CD

I was just trying to make you feel better. You seemed so disappointed. ;)

I almost picked up some hot dogs, buns and sauerkraut yesterday at HEB, for some NYC street dogs. I talked myself out of it. Now I wish I would have bought them.

CD
I always keep a stash of hot dogs, buns and sauerkraut on hand for a quick lunch or dinner. I like the natural casing ones that have some snap to them.

I always keep a stash of hot dogs, buns and sauerkraut on hand for a quick lunch or dinner. I like the natural casing ones that have some snap to them.

I can't get Sabrett natural casing hot dogs here. That's what all the dog carts in NYC use. I also can't get Vienna Beef here, which is the official dog for an authentic Chicago dog.

Well, I can get them online, but with shipping, they are stupid expensive, and I'm not paying that much for hot dogs.

CD

I buy a brand that's local to New England. I used to buy their quarter-pound hot dogs but have cut back to normal sized ones.

Back
Top Bottom