Dinner Saturday, September 21, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Eye round roast, mashed potatoes, steamed baby spinach, and burgundy pan gravy.
eye_round_092124_1_IMG_3033.jpg

I ordered Greek food. I had a craving. I got a combo platter with old fashioned pork gyro and chicken souvlaki. It also came with roast potatoes, rice pilaf, a psilokomeni salad, and tzatziki. I knew it would be enough food for at least two meals and I was right. It was very good and satisfied the craving. I am looking forward to the leftovers.

2024-09-21 order 2024-09-21 clockwise from 12 o'clock - psilokomeni salad, platter of old fash...jpg

Tovala meals. Craig had Italian sausages with roasted sweet peppers and potatoes with a side of marinara. No picture.

I had 4 cheese risotto, with crispy onions, and a side of roasted Brussel sprouts dressed with a champagne vinaigrette. I made 2 mini loaves with garlic oil, but could only eat half of mine.

20240921_191553.jpg

Porkerhouse steaks, those are smaller than the porterhouse steaks on a beef, eh?
Runs and hides. :-p

Porterhouse steaks in Australia are a different cut of beef. It is what we call a NY Strip here. It is one half of what we call a porterhouse.

CD

Porterhouse steaks in Australia are a different cut of beef. It is what we call a NY Strip here. It is one half of what we call a porterhouse.

CD
I can never remember what a NY strip is. I do remember what a beef porterhouse is. It's like a T-bone steak, but with much larger pieces of meat on either side of the "stem" of the T. So, it's the not-tenderloin side, eh?

I can never remember what a NY strip is. I do remember what a beef porterhouse is. It's like a T-bone steak, but with much larger pieces of meat on either side of the "stem" of the T. So, it's the not-tenderloin side, eh?

A T-bone and porterhouse by North American definition look the same, but the tenderloin side is larger on a porterhouse than a T-bone.

The other side of a T-bone or porterhouse is the NY strip. That side by itself, is called a porterhouse in Australia and New Zealand.

1727060727509.png

CD

A T-bone and porterhouse by North American definition look the same, but the tenderloin side is larger on a porterhouse than a T-bone.

The other side of a T-bone or porterhouse is the NY strip. That side by itself, is called a porterhouse in Australia and New Zealand.

View attachment 70802

CD
It's a little arbitrary just where a T-bone ends and a Porterhouse begins. I would call the one on the left a wing steak. That filet part is too small to be what I call a T-bone. The one on the right is what I would call Porterhouse, but it I wouldn't be surprised to hear someone call it a T-bone.

It's a little arbitrary just where a T-bone ends and a Porterhouse begins. I would call the one on the left a wing steak. That filet part is too small to be what I call a T-bone. The one on the right is what I would call Porterhouse, but it I wouldn't be surprised to hear someone call it a T-bone.

Beef cuts have a lot of different names in countries around the world. I know a lot of the different names. But, I have never heard the name "wing steak" in all of my 63 years. Is that a Canadian thing?

CD

Beef cuts have a lot of different names in countries around the world. I know a lot of the different names. But, I have never heard the name "wing steak" in all of my 63 years. Is that a Canadian thing?

CD
I dunno, but it might be. I have only heard it in Canada. I read that it's also called a club steak.

Back
Top Bottom