Dinner Challenge Monday April 4 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
The first 5 days following the weekend are the hardest.

We are having kielbasa, sauerkraut and sliced potatoes cooked in beer, a little brown sugar and onion... and a side salad.

Last edited:
Ribeye, mashed and peas.

I think I'm going to stop buying thin ribeyes. Just can't get a nice char without overcooking. Also, Have been disappointed with the quality of frozen peas so bought a can of peas instead.

44752A9F-1D7C-4DEF-A8FB-0373C22C4AA2_1_201_a.jpg

Warm(ish) weather is back, and so are the salads. After spending too much time making them, it's a good thing that the rest of supper was leftovers - bbq sauced pork chops and jo-jo potatoes.

IMG_20220404_195750409_HDR.jpg

We had cheese raviolis with breadsticks and carameled apples. It was pretty good.

I needed that caramel. I thought lunch was supposed to be turkey with gravy, green beans with bacon, and mashed potatoes.

So I liberally salted the turkey and the mashed potatoes. Then I picked the bacon out of the green beans and added it to the mashed potatoes, thinking that I might just have over salted. Then I ate a piece of turkey. It wasn't turkey. It was ham.

A pitcher of water later and caramel for supper and I think I've recovered.

Last edited:
Asparagus and greek spinach lemon lentil soup.
oat/fruit cookies.

I made pork piccata. That worked well and it was easier to slice the pork loin thin than to fiddle with chicken breast. It turned out really tasty. My only quibble is that I used too much chopped parsley - that just made it look a bit funny. I tried a recipe for bulgur pilaf. It was kind of bland, but worked well with the piccata and with some of the parsley and capers from the piccata, it was pretty good. I guess I'll change the recipe a bit. We had some of the rødgrød that I made last week as dessert.

Pork Piccata and Bulgur Pilaf 2.gifPork Piccata and Bulgur Pilaf.jpg

Bangers & Mash ;

Sweet Sausage & Mashed Yukon's under Onion Gravy,
Blend of Tomatoes, Yellow Corn & Okra.......

Bangers & Mash 4-4-22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom